Early Notice for Acunetix discontinue perpetual license
Dear customer and partner,
With the immediate news share by manufacturer dated 6-March-2018, they are decide to discontinue perpetual license (PL) and keep only license subscription (LS) for coming version 12 Acunetix web vulnerability scanner on premise edition.
For customer original intent to invest in the perpetual license (PL) should take the time to hold and decide carefully, as the opex curve will be different. It will be higher for over 3 years period.
The Windows for procure perpetual license (PL) now is available until the system disable it. After that will only available license subscription (LS). Since the speed of sudden change is so rapidly, it encourage customer and partner check the website from time to time for sudden last minutes update with immediate effect.
Following email self explained for the notice.
For customer and partner original make the decision on the license subscription (LS) then this notice will not impact you, since you already in the license subscription (LS).
Lot of frequent ask questions (FAQs) related to this will be provided once the manufacturer provide more information on the impact and how to handling existing perpetual license customer like how they update it or whether offer migration path etc.
Latest update related to the matter on 9-Mar-2018 (GMT+8) after received additional information email dated 8-Mar-2018 clarify for the above notice from manufacturer on few key area all potential and existing customer will want to know:
- Acunetix are changing the license model to subscription only, and increasing prices.
- Acunetix will no longer sell NEW perpetual licenses.
- Maintenance Renewal prices have been Increased effective immediately. Expect another 25% increase to Maintenance when V12 is released, and another increase later in the year, so that the maintenance will become the same price as a subscription.
Acunetix Online prices have been Increased effective immediately by 2X (exception: 1 target, 3X increase).
- V12 expected release is April 2018.
- V12 will look the same as V11 at launch, but under the hood, it is a totally new generation product with a very efficient engine, updated to ES6, and an advanced pause/resume function. Over the year, many new advanced features will be incrementally added to the product. There has been a huge investment in the development team at Acunetix so there will be some awesome product enhancements. These are exciting times at Acunetix but do expect to see many changes, not just to the product, but to licensing models, pricing, and marketing.