Parasoft (officially Parasoft Corporation) is an independent software vendor with headquarters in Monrovia, California, USA. It was founded in 1987. The most recent awards/recognitions received were being named "leader" in Forrester's Functional Test Automation Tools evaluation, Jolt Grand Prize Award for Parasoft Virtualize, Parasoft's service virtualization technology and the Embeddy Award for most cutting edge product for embedded software developers & engineers.
Parasoft develops automated defect prevention technologies that support the Automated Defect Prevention methodology.These technologies automate a number of defect prevention practices for Java, C and C++, and .NET. The static code analysis practice identifies coding issues that lead to security, reliability, performance, and maintainability issues later on. The original static analysis technology has been extended to include security static analysis, data flow analysis, and software metrics. Company also possess technology that automatically generates unit test cases, now has been extended to include code coverage analysis, regression testing, and traceability. The peer code review practice involves manually inspecting source code to examine algorithms, review design, and search for subtle errors that automated tools cannot detect. Although the peer inspection itself cannot be automated, peer code reviews preparation, notification, and tracking can be automated.
For cloud, SOA, APIs, and enterprise IT environments, Parasoft technologies automate practices such as API testing, integration testing, system testing, load testing, and penetration testing.
Parasoft also develops memory error detection technology that finds run-time errors in C and C++ programs.
For service virtualization, Parasoft technologies are used to automatically capture and emulate dependent system behavior of mainframes, third-party components, or any system component that is unavailable or difficult to access for development and testing purposes.
E-SPIN and Parasoft
E-SPIN have actively in promoting Parasoft full range of products and technologies since 2016 as part of the company Security, Vulnerability Management, Application Security, Software Assessment, Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) solution portfolio. E-SPIN is active in provide consulting, supply, training and maintaining Parasoft products for the enterprise, government and military customers (or distribute and resell as part of the complete package) on the region E-SPIN do businesses. The enterprise range from university, corporate, government agencies to IT security professionals / analysts, developer on the application security or cyber security / cyber warfare /military defense applications.
Please feel free to contact E-SPIN for your inquiry and requirement, so we can assist you on the exact requirement in the packaged solutions that you may required for your operation or project needs.
Parasoft Solution Overview
Development Testing is the consistent application of software testing practices across distributed teams and throughout the SDLC. Parasoft Development Testing Platform prevents software defects and reduces technical debt, allowing you to increase velocity
- Leverage policies to align business expectations with development
- Eliminate costly rework associated with late stage defect discovery
- Comply with internal industry or governmental standards
- Integrate security best practices into application development
- Explore Parasoft Development Testing Platform
Parasoft Continuous Testing helps organizations rapidly and precisely validate that their applications satisfy business expectations around functionality, reliability, performance, and security. Even novice team members can configure and provision a complete test environment, then immediately execute tests against the appropriate test environment configurations.
- Anytime, anywhere access to complete, realistic test environments by simulating constrained dependencies (APIs, services, databases, mainframes, ERPs, etc.)
- Forrester Wave leading API/service unit testing, end-to-end functional testing, load/performance testing, and security testing
- On-demand provisioning of “disposable” test environments that allow tests to run continuously and simultaneously
Embedeed and IoT Testing
Parasoft’s development testing solution for embedded systems plugs directly into common embedded environments to enable on-target and host-based testing. Create and execute tests, analyze code, and monitor coverage early in the software engineering process–and leverage test at the API/messaging layer for IoT devices.
- Automate testing and code analysis activities earlier in the development cycle
- Remove the risks and costs of deploying faulty software
- Enable bidirectional traceability
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations, including FDA, DO-178B/C, MISRA, JSF, PCI DSS, and more
Parasoft's core verification capabilities for safety-critical software development seamlessly integrates project and task management into any development environment and toolset. This enables comprehensive process visibility and control throughout the entire SDLC to effectively satisfy quality and compliance requirements.
- Achieve compliance objectives with enterprise-grade verification capabilities, such as static analysis, unit testing, and coverage monitoring.
- Gain visibility into difficult-to-find problems that only emerge during runtime.
- Collect and correlate data within a quality hub to achieve traceability and auditability requirements.
Parasoft enables development teams to build security into your application by facilitating code-hardening practices based on accepted industry standards, such as OWASP Top 10, CWE/SANS Top 25, and PCI DSS. Defend your software from security breaches and cyberattacks by preventing vulnerabilities where they occur--in the source code.
Parasoft Product Overview
Software Testing Tools — from Static Analysis to Service Virtualisation
Parasoft's suite of products improves the quality and security of enterprise applications – while accelerating delivery times. Parasoft software testing tools and other products will increase your productivity, while improving software quality.
Development Testing Static Analysis, Unit Testing, Code Review, Runtime Error Detection...
- Parasoft C/C++test
- Parasoft Jtest
- Parasoft dotTEST
- Parasoft Insure++
- Parasoft DTP (Formerly Concerto)
API, Cloud, SOA, Composite App Testing
- Parasoft SOAtest
- Parasoft Load Test
- Parasoft Virtualize
C and C++ Testing, Static Analysis, Code Review
Parasoft C/C++test is an integrated Development Testing solution for automating a broad range of best practices proven to improve software development team productivity and software quality for C and C++. C/C++test facilitates:
- Static analysis – static code analysis, data flow static analysis, and metrics analysis
- Peer code review process automation–preparation, notification, and tracking
- Unit testing – unit test creation, execution, optimisation, and maintenance
- Runtime error detection – memory access errors, leaks, corruptions, and more
Business System Testing and SOA Testing
Parasoft SOAtest and Parasoft Load Test (packaged together) simplify the complex testing that's vital for business-critical APIs, cloud, and SOA / composite applications.
Parasoft SOAtest provides the industry's most comprehensive solution for cloud, SOA, and API testing:
- From a single intuitive interface, automate complex scenarios across the web UI, messaging layer, ESBs, databases, and mainframes
- Leverage the industry's broadest support for protocols and message types— REST, JSON, MQ, JMS, TIBCO, HTTP, XML, EDI, and many more
- Easily extend, update, share, and reuse tests
- Visualise and validate how messages and events flow through distributed architectures as tests execute
- Seamlessly integrate with load testing, service virtualisation, and development testing platforms
Parasoft Load Test allows you to load test your SOAtest tests to verify functionality and performance under load. Support is also provided for load testing non-Parasoft components (e.g., JUnit, lightweight socket-based components) and for detecting concurrency issues.
Java Testing, Static Analysis, Code Review
Parasoft Jtest is an integrated Development Testing solution for automating a broad range of practices proven to improve development team productivity and software quality. It focuses on practices for validating Java code and applications, and it seamlessly integrates with Parasoft SOAtest to enable end-to-end functional and load testing of today's complex, distributed applications and transactions. Jtest facilitates:
- Static analysis — static code analysis, data flow static analysis, and metrics analysis
- Peer code review process automation—preparation, notification, and tracking
- Unit testing — JUnit and Cactus test creation, execution, optimisation, and maintenance
- Runtime error detection — race conditions, exceptions, resource & memory leaks, security attack vulnerabilities, and more
C/C++ Runtime Analysis, Error Detection
Parasoft Insure++ is a runtime memory analysis and error detection tool for C and C++ that automatically identifies a variety of difficult-to-track programming and memory-access errors, along with potential defects and inefficiencies in memory usage. Errors such as memory corruption, memory leaks, access outside of array bounds, invalid pointers, and the like often go undetected during normal testing, only to result in application crashes in the field. Insure++ will help you find and eliminate such defects in your applications to ensure the integrity of their memory usage.
During testing, Insure++ checks all types of memory references, including those to static (global), stack, and shared memory – both in user's code and in third party libraries. Errors that Insure++ detects include:
- Corrupted heap and stack memory
- Use of uninitialised variables and objects
- Array and string bounds errors on heap and stack
- Use of dangling, NULL, and uninitialised pointers
- All types of memory allocation and free errors or mismatches
- All types of memory leaks
- Type mismatches in global declarations, pointers, and function calls
- Some varieties of dead code (compile-time)
Parasoft DTP (formerly parasoft concerto) is a complete software development management platform that ensures quality software can be produced consistently and efficiently–in any language.
By integrating policy-driven project management with Parasoft Test's quality lifecycle management as well as Parasoft Virtualise's dev/test environment management, Parasoft DTP ensures predictable project outcomes while driving unprecedented levels of productivity and application quality.
.NET Testing, Static Analysis, Code Review
Parasoft dotTEST is an integrated Development Testing solution for automating a broad range of best practices proven to improve software development team productivity and software quality. dotTEST facilitates:
- Static analysis—static code analysis, data flow static analysis, and metrics analysis
- Peer code review process automation—preparation, notification, and tracking
- Unit testing—unit test creation, execution, optimisation, and maintenance
- Plugin testing—sets up the actual application execution environment and launches tests from it
Parasoft Virtualise dramatically reduces the time and cost of managing dev/test environments by virtualising the behaviour of dependent systems.