There are entire organizations that are born from a cloud model which resides within the data center. Looking ahead, new cloud and data center control systems will only continue to become more critical. As more users utilize content delivered directly from cloud resources, the data center will need to be able to handle the influx of new demand.
This means creating new efficiencies at all levels via data center automation.
- High-density computing and the need for greater levels of multi-tenancy, servers are hosting more users and more workloads. Data center administrators don’t have the time to configure individual blades. Now, hardware and server profiles are built in seconds. Admins only need to insert a new blade and allow the server layer automation to take over. New technologies allow administrators to create powerful “follow-the-sun” data center models where hardware automatically re-provisions itself for the appropriate set of new users. These policies can then scale cross-data center. All of this is done through orchestration and automation policy.
- Software/Application: New technologies are able to look at applications running within the data center or within the cloud and help automate and control them. Application layering and provisioning services are able to connect directly into virtualization brokers to help the delivery and control of both desktops and applications.
- The virtualization and hypervisor layer is more important than ever. Today, they sit as the bridge to both your data center and the cloud. Automation and orchestration tools aim to directly integrate with the virtual layer to better control resources, virtual services delivery, and the virtual workloads themselves. Automation has become such an integral piece that you have direct plug-ins into the hypervisor platform.
- There are already very large organizations deploying technologies for their cloud automation and extension layers. Furthermore, many cloud automation and orchestration tools now place governance and advanced policy control directly into their products. Some technologies allow cloud admins to control security aspects of their cloud. Aside from being able to control costs around resource utilization, utilizing these cloud controls creates a very dynamic automated cloud platform.
- Data Center: Some services bridge the gap between IT and control engineers for connecting, managing, and automating industrial networks and control systems. Today’s industrial organizations are driven to increase production and reduce costs while maintaining quality and safety. As networks converge, the physical infrastructure becomes even more critical to support the demands of real-time control, data collection, and device configuration.
Feel free to contact E-SPIN for the solution for your data center automation and cloud infrastructure monitoring, continuous security assessment to reduce risk of your businesses and organization.