Database Activity Monitoring (DAM)
Real-time Visibility into ALL Database Activity
Databases hold much of the most sensitive and valuable data – information about customers, transactions, financial performance and human resources to give a few examples. Despite this, databases remain one of the least protected areas in the enterprise. While perimeter and network security measures create a barrier against some type of attacks, they are inadequate against attack vectors that take advantage of database-specific vulnerabilities, and offer little or no protection from insider abuse, especially when dealing with privileged users who are not only inside the perimeter but are also capable of circumventing application-level security.
Unlike other tools that aim to enhance database security, database activity monitoring (DAM) is distinguished by five features:
- The ability to independently monitor and audit all database activity, including administrator activity, and all transactions. DAM solutions can record not only SQL transactions, but also DML, DDL, and DCL.
- The ability to store activity logs securely outside the database.
- The ability to aggregate activity from multiple heterogeneous Database Management Systems (e.g., Oracle, Microsoft and Sysbase) and normalize transactions from different DBMSs despite differences between SQL implementations.
- The ability to enforce separation of duties between system administrators, database administrators, information security staff and compliance personnel.
- The ability to generate real-time alerts on policy violations, providing an opportunity to address a possible breach before damage has been done. Optionally, rules can be configured that allow immediate termination of suspicious sessions.
Hedgehog Enterprise™ is optimal for organizations that require database activity monitoring, breach prevention, end-user identification, virtual patching, integration with your existing security infrastructure, IT governance and operate with enterprise-wide database deployment.
Please feel free to contact E-SPIN for your inquiry and requirement, so we can assist you on the exact
requirement in the packaged solutions that you may required for your operation or project needs.