What is DBeaver?
Every organisation needs reliable database to make informed decision. Business data grows exponentially with the growth of the organisation. Database management is important in maintaining application performance and minimizing effect on continuity and compliance. What is DBeaver?
DBeaver is a universal database management tool that allows everyone to work with data in a professional manner. With DBeaver, you can:
- Manipulate data as in a regular spreadsheet
- Create analytical reports using records from various data storages
- Export information in suitable format
1. Supports more than 80 databases
- This provides users with the choice to connect with different database drivers.
- Users can define their connection type as well as creates custom drivers in the Driver Manager.
- Users are able to configure standard and advanced connections properties.
2. All-in-one database management tool
Complete with all existing extension such as office formats support, vector graphics support, SQL debugging framework
Advanced SSH, algorithms, users are not required to install any extensions.
3. Big Data and NoSQL databases
DBeaver allows users to work with either traditional relational database or databases with SQL interfaces
DBeaver Enterprise comes with special extensions which include:
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Apache Hive
- Apache Cassandra
- Google Bigtable
4. Improved Security
– Secure the integration with corporate user management system by using Kerberos or Active Directory authentication.
– Databases passwords can be protected by applying native OS password encrypted storage or keeping it in secured storage protected by master password.
– BouncyCastle advanced security algorithms secure your connection over SSH or SSL.
5. Data viewer and editor
– Various settings that allows users to view data according to needs
– Editing of data inline and in a dedicated space
– Easy navigation among data
– Custom filters for table contents or query results
– Arrange results in order of column
– Data export with all applied filters and orderings
– Generate SQL statements according to selected rows
– Basic statistics for selected columns
6. SQL editor
– Organisation of scripts into folders and reassignment of database connections for specific scripts
– SQL syntax highlighting identified by the database associated with a script
– Support for multiple sets of reserved keywords and system functions for various databases
– Scripts import and export
7. Visual query builder
– Easily construct complex SQL builder without good SQL knowledge.
– Users can open the existing SQL queries in visual mode, then edit and save them effortlessly.
– Users can execute visually constructed queries immediately and view the results on the screen.
– Supports complex SQL analysis visually.
8. Metadata browser
Users are able to:
- adjust metadata entities based on the database driver capabilities
- display of database objects` DDL and generation of standard SQL92 DDL based on structure of objects for certain databases
- edit or rename and even delete connections and almost all database objects
- filter database objects according to name
9. Data transfer
DBeaver supports the transfer of data by allowing users to:
- Export data to a file or into database table (users can create the destination table if not available)
directly import data from CSV file into database table.
- Supported file format for database transfer includes CSV, HTML, XML, JSON, XLS and XLSX.
10. ER Diagrams
– Generation of ER diagrams for a single table or a database/schema can be done automatically.
– Users are able to customize column visibility.
– Supported diagram format includes GIF, PNG, BMP and GraphML.
11. Database objects compare
– Users are able to compare database object such as tables, schema, entire database and view the results in various form of presentation; html reports, DDL alter scripts, diff diagram, Liquibase changeset.
– DBeaver allows users to perform database structure synchronization.
12. Data and Metadata search
DBeaver eases data searching activities by:
- Supporting Full-text data search against all selected tables or views
- Metadata search (for rows in data base system tables)
- Allowing user to put exact object name or a search mask
13. Customer support (particularly for enterprise Edition Users.