DBeaver latest product releases and updates post is dedicated to everyone interested in using DBeaver as the database management tool. It is also in respond to DBeaver.com practices in releasing new features of DBeaver Enterprise Edition quarterly.
Read our DBeaver product releases and updates (latest information at top whereas the previous at bottom).
DBeaver proudly announces the release of DBeaver 22. With one more year of experience from the last major release, this latest version of DBeaver is a more stable database management tool.
DBeaver 22.1 (Release 2022-Jun-13)
This new release focuses on updates on DBeaver PRO apps.
1. Improved GCP databases support
DBeaver teams will continuously improve DBeaver’s GCP databases support. Now, with DBeaver PRO versions having new GCP drivers such as MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQL Server, connecting to a database has become easier than ever. Only few steps are needed; opening standard window for creating connection and filling in the required fields.
2. Authentication options for cloud services
- Default credentials: Users can set their credentials on local machine instead of direct entering the credentials.
- Key file: This option requires users to specify the path to the key file on their computer.
- Web browser (or SSO): With GCP account having configured SSO portal, users are able to use a web-based SSO authorisation.
3. Cloud Explorer of DBeaver Ultimate
Now, DBeaver Ultimate users can connect to Google Cloud Platform databases, including SQLServer, MySQL and PostgreSQL using DBeaver’s Cloud Explorer similarly as connecting with AWS databases.
4. Improved data transfer
The improvement made on data transfer feature allows users to append exporting data to CSV, TXT, and XLSX formats to an existing file. With this feature, users who set the scheduler to automatically create a standard report are able to update the same file without the need to create many new ones.
5. Increased security : read-only state switcher
In this release, the main toolbar is added with read-only state switcher. This let users to view any tables in without worrying on accidental changing made to the data. The read-only state mode is enable by clicking the ‘lock button’ .
6. Updated сonnected entities highlighting
Users can now see the connection between entities, which includes the existing relationships, keys, and the composite ones. Furthermore, the search by entities and columns are also improved.
DBeaver 22.0 (Release 2022-Mar-14)
1. AWS S3 Browser
Available in DBeaver Ultimate,
- AWS S3 browser includes Cloud Explorer the let users to view all the databases in different Amazon regions.
- Simple Storage Service browser allows users to gain access to every file stored in any region.
- S3 browser also enables users to upload, store, share and save files as practiced in a regular file system.
- Simplified work with Athena DB allows users to work with it conveniently – S3 browser allows users to open CSV files similarly as selecting those files from a hard drive.
2. Improved DBeaver UI
DBeaver 22.0 consists the most updated Teradata driver and support TLS connections allowing a lot of Teradata users to freely use DBeaver for their projects.
3. New hierarchy database navigation for Teradata design
The new design allows users to use the standard ordering of tables as well as hierarchically link tables to a specific database or user.
Expand and collapse features eases users in navigating from one area to another without swamping the Database Navigator window.
4. SSO feature for SAP HANA DB
The single sign-on for SAP HANA DB is designed for users whose SSO parameters which have been already configured in their databases to be able to authenticate against the Windows Active Directory. The new setting can be done from the connection setting below:
5. Increased Security – SSHJ Host Key Verification
Improved SSHJ Host Key Verification enhances security by protecting connections from MITM attacks that can compromise SSH login and all subsequent tunnel traffic.
6. New supported database
With DBeaver 22, more drivers are added into DBeaver supported database which include:
- Apache Calcite Avatica, which also supports
- Apache Druid, and Apache Kylin
DBeaver 21 is a database management tool platform with spatial data related capabilities. Now, those who are working with spatial data will be able to simplify their task through this platform.
DBeaver 21.3 (Release 2021-Dec-6)
1. Data Transfer
With improved setting dialogs and performance in DBeaver 21.3, users are now able to import data to PostgreSQL from any other source using the hidden Copy command.
Users can also export data into any desirable format and send them through email where it can be utilised one-time or scheduled as a task.
2. Liquibase License Key Activation
Liquibase Pro users are able to import their license key into DBeaver in the preferences dialog since license key activation is available in DBeaver UI.
DBeaver 21.3 includes the ability to view the logs for the database scheme comparison inside it.
3. New partnership with Teradata
DBeaver 21.3 include Teradata driver (v.17.10) and special extension for Teradata with TLS and triggers management support. With Teradata driver already supported by DBeaver 21.3, there is no need for users to download the driver manually.
4. Improved data compare
Data compare in DBeaver 21.3 are added with changelog, progress bar, and SQL diff generation.
5. New supported database
With DBeaver 21.3, users can now connect to Babelfish and Oceanbase.
DBeaver 21.2 (Release 2021-Sep-23)
With DBeaver 21.2, users are able edit ER-Diagrams which include adding or removing tables, changing data types, creating constraint on the diagram to the databases.
2. More Security
DBeaver has upgraded database authentication by adding the support for federated authorization for Redshift, SSH tunnels for AWS RDS databases and SSH jump server support for any database
Dbeaver also allows regular password change in simple steps.
3. Partnership with Liquibase Pro
Users are now able to import license from Liquibase pro for database comparison.
DBeaver 21.1 (Release 2021-Jun-30)
DBeaver team is back with a new release. This time the improvement focuses on cloud, an important part of the world modern infrastructure.
1. SSO authorisation for AWS services
DBeaver 21.1 supports different types of single sign-on (SSO) authorisation for users’ AWS services.
2. Special authorisation for Redshift
DBeaver 21.1 offers support for data shares request from the Redshift development team.
3. Improved Metadata editor
Users can use metadata editor to edit, remove, add and view extended properties for SQL server without the need of special tool.
4. New capabilities with MongoDB
Users are able to make joins and utilise aggregate functions in the SQL editor for MongoDB.
DBeaver 12 (Release: 2021-mar-14)
1. Custom tiles for geo-data support
Users a able to replace the predefined map tiles (i.e; MapBox or OpenStreet) according to need.
2.New Databases with spatial data support
The list of the new database includes:
- PostgreSQL (PostGIS)
- MySQL, SQLite (GeoPackage)
- SAP HANA
- Oracle SQL Server
3. Data transfer
Improved schema comparison mechanisms to supported Databases.
4. Database modelling
DBeaver 21 has better performance, added multi-entity support, rebuilt design for the wizard as well as more effective mock-data generator.
5. New database support
Users can chose to use Yugabyte SQL and CQL.