This is prepare for one of the customer who required access to the function, to monitor for the system background process, and make notification if the process change state.
System, whether server, workstation or mission critical machine, it now just above device up time that matter, but whether or not a specific system process is crucial for monitoring automation. In WhatsUp Gold (WUG) this is refer as adding Process Active Monitor to be monitoring.
To add a new Process active monitor:
1. From the WhatsUp Gold web interface, go to Settings > Libraries > Monitors . The Monitor Library dialog appears.
2. Click the + symbol. Select Active Monitor . The Select Active Monitor Type dialog appears.
3. Select Process Monitor , then click OK . The Add Process Monitor dialog appears.
4. Enter or select the appropriate information:
○ Name . Enter a unique name for the active monitor. This name displays in the Active Monitor Library.
○ Description . Enter additional information about the monitor. This description displays next to the monitor in the Active Monitor
○ Protocol to Use . Select either SNMP or WMI.
○ Advanced . (Optional) Click to set the advanced options .
○ Process Name . Enter name of the process or browse ( … ) to open the Select Device dialog. From here, you enter the information necessary to connect to the device from which you select a process for the monitor.
5. Completed the information for the Threshold to Monitor section:
○ Down if the process is . Select this option to instruct the monitor to verify that the selected process is either not loaded, or is running, on a device, and issue a down state change accordingly.
6. Click OK to save changes.
7. After configuring an active monitor in the Active Monitor Library, add the monitor to devices.
Below cover how to assign above create custom process monitor to the device.
To manually assign an active monitor to the device:
1. In the Device Properties Active Monitor dialog, click + symbol. Select
Active Monitor. The Active Monitor Properties dialog appears.
2. Select the active monitor type you want to assign to the device, then click Next . For the below example make use of Chrome.
3. Set the polling properties for the monitor, then click Next .
4. Set up actions for the monitor state changes.
5. Click Finish to add the monitor to the device.
Above cover how to add process monitor to single device. Below is cover in bulk condition.
2. From the right-click menu, click Edit Devices > Assign Monitors > Active Monitor(s) .
3. Select the active monitor type you want to add.
4. Click OK .