For the customer had still active software update and upgrade (SUS) coverage and yet to be expire, you can choose either from WUG server, “check for WUG update” OR alternatively, login to the license portal to pick the installer and download.
Be note for either scenario, you are still require to install in the machine you previous install the WUG, since each new installation require new license.
Below is prepare base on scenario 1 context, upgrade from current active support license and it is not too old edition that support direct upgrade from your existing license. If you are no sure, it recommend you to read the latest service release note first (for system requirement or any bug). Furthermore, it is wise to be perform update on service release pack rather than on complete new version (unless you are willing to reporting bug and cope with the stable issue, and can wait for batch fix etc), else it recommend you to perform upgrade only at stable edition. Off course this is just general advice, you had your very own situation.
1. At Window server click Start>open folder IP Switch WhatsUp Gold>Check for WhatsUp Gold Update.
2. Check ✓ the box “Update WhatsUp Gold 2019 (v19.0.0) then click install. Make sure you have an internet connection.
3. Then choice the installation method. If your system comes with SQL full packet then select Advanced Installation than click next.
4. Insert password (your own choose password) than click Next
5. For Deployment Options click next
6. insert the password (you set in earlier stage) than click next
7. Select Yes to backup the data Than click Next
8. Wait until the Download and install are done. Then you can use WhatUp Gold like usually.