This is common ask question. Due to floating license is locked to server MAC address, but due to replacement or suffers a hardware failure, in order to change a license to another server manufacturer will need the following.
- Manufacturer required a formal signed letter on the company letterhead
- The letter should mention the license IDs to move and the reason of the move.
- It should also state and declare that the old server will not be used anymore
- Once manufacturer receive this letter (a PDF scan is acceptable), manufacturer will reset your activation record
- Then you can send a new activation request for the new host ID
- Off course above is base on the scenario for infrequent incident by nature.