Problem: My question is how to reduce / drop audited IPs without upgrade license?
Here, audited IPs is 262 over than licensed limit is 256.
Retina Licensing Notice
To reset your counts, I have included the information below; however, please note, if you are in fact over your count on the next scan after resetting your count, the same issue will occur and you would then require a new license with a higher count to cover these assets.
To reset the audit license level, you will need to delete a set of keys in the registry. There is one for each IP counted under the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432\eEye\Retina\5.0\Keys key in the registry.
We reset the count by deleting the Keys key. This will force the Scanner to recount the next time an audit scan is run. Please use the following steps to first backup then delete the keys.
1. Close the Retina Network Security Scanner application.
2. Click on the “Start” button and Click “Run…”.
3. Type “regedit” in the Run window and click “OK”.
4. Navigate the tree down to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\eEye\Retina\5.0\” for 64 bit machines and “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\eEye\Retina\5.0\” for 32 bit machines.
5. Right-click on the “Keys” key and select “Export”. Save export to the desktop or other location.
6. Right-click on the “Keys” key and select “Delete”. The IP count should be reset to 0 for your next scan.