Some of the common and typical symptom email setting and configuration is not correct when you saw “[email protected]” has had an internal exception. The exception is Timeout occurred. Canceling operation..
To troubleshoot email issues using Telnet:
- On the WhatsUp Gold server itself open your Windows menu, type cmd into the search function, and press enter.
- Type in the following: telnet <ipadress or name of server> <port number>. Here is an example telnet 192.168.2.40 25
- You should get something like this in response: 220 NVCMX03.nvc.sed.bog Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Mon, 24 Aug 2015 1
- Type in: HELO Server
- You should get something like this in response with the IP address of the WhatsUp Gold server: 250 NVCMX03.nvc.sed.bog Hello [192.168.2.19]
- Type in: mail from: <your email address>, example “mail from:[email protected]”, the response should be: 250 2.1.0 Sender OK
- Type in: rcpt to: <who you want to send to>, example “rcpt to:[email protected]”, the response should be: 250 2.1.5 Recipient OK
- Then type in: DATA
- The response should be: 354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>
- <enter> you need to press enter so you have one blank line before you start the actual body of the message
Now you can type your message and press <enter>
. <enter> typing a period(.) tells us you are finished, and to send the message
Due to whatever reason, above can not be carry out, solve it first. It mostly indicate the problem. You will not possible to make the things work within address the connectivity first.