Databases are a key component in information storage and they form the main part of the underlying structure for many critical applications that host important corporate data. For this simple reason databases are a popular target for malicious attacks.
Database security is a specialist topic which overlaps with computer security, information security and risk management. The database security assessment we provide is about checking various information security controls aimed to protect your database against compromises of their confidentiality, integrity and availability. The set of our tests checks various types or categories of controls, such as technical, procedural and physical. We will analyse your database (such as: MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, etc.) and check its configuration, security features, access rights, system and object privileges and many more.
- Quickly identify security configuration errors
- Reduce the attack surface and exposure to risk
- Improve your security posture
- Promote security best practices
Database assessments include:
Our penetration testers will simulate attacks onto your database and check its security features from a number of perspectives, which include:
- Attacks from internal users (authenticated and un-authenticated access)
- Security of the data within the database (e.g. encryption/hashing techniques used for storing sensitive data)
- Database hardening and security
- Protecting sensitive data from privileged users (e.g. DBA)
- Defence in depth mechanisms
This video is about Database Security Assessment Service Overview by E-SPIN that will give you more information regarding this product.
For those who can not join us for the end user and channel partner product seminar session, please see the summary and highlight clip for the event.
If you have any inquiry or questions, feel free to contact E-SPIN for solution, product and project requirements.