A network management system (NMS) is an application or set of applications that lets network administrators manage a network’s independent components inside a bigger network management framework. NMS may be used to monitor both software and hardware components in a network. It usually records data from a network’s remote points to carry out central reporting to a system administrator.
The key benefit to NMS is that it permits users to monitor or manage their entire business operations using a central computer.
A network management system is useful in:
- Network device discovery
- Network device monitoring
- Network performance analysis
- Network device management
- Intelligent notifications, or customizable alerts
Quality network management systems include the following features:
- Saves money: Only one system admin is required at a single location to monitor and manage the entire network, which cuts hiring expenditures.
- Saves time: Each IT provider gets direct access to any data when required. All team members can simply enter or retrieve data using their own workstations. At the same time, their access may be controlled by the network manager.
- Increases productivity: Helps manage every aspect of the office network, which includes software, hardware and other peripherals. The NMS identifies an issue as soon as it occurs it to ensure that there is no productivity slowdown or data loss.
Network management system components assist with:
- Network device discovery – identifying what devices are present on a network.
- Network device monitoring – monitoring at the device level to determine the health of network components and the extent to which their performance matches capacity plans and intra-enterprise service-level agreements (SLAs).
- Network performance analysis – tracking performance indicators such as bandwidth utilization, packet loss, latency, availability and uptime of routers, switches and other Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) -enabled devices.
- Intelligent notifications – configurable alerts that will respond to specific network scenarios by paging, emailing, calling or texting a network administrator.
This video is about Network Management System (NMS) as a Service Technical Overview by E-SPIN that will give you more information regarding this product.
For those who can not join us for the end user and channel partner product seminar session, please see the summary and highlight clip for the event.
For further information, please contact us or visit to our website on https://www.e-spincorp.com