E-SPIN Procurement commit to delivery world-class purchasing, procurement and supply chain best practice management to the organizations and with following objective:
OBJECTIVE 1: Support Operational Requirements
Supporting this flow requires purchasing to:
- Understand business requirements.
- Buy products and services.
- At the right price.
- From the right source.
- At the right specification that meets users needs.
- In the right quantity.
- For delivery at the right time.
- To the right internal customer.
OBJECTIVE 2: Manage the Procurement Process and the Supply Base Efficiently and Effectively
To manage the procurement process and supply base efficiently and effectively procurement must follow the following key steps:
- Identify opportunities.
- Manage internal operations.
- Achieve objectives.
OBJECTIVE 3: Support Organizational Goals and Objectives
Develop integrated purchasing strategies that support organizational strategies.
Effective purchasing strategies involve:
- Monitoring supply markets and trends and interpreting the impact of these trends on company strategies.
- Identifying the critical materials and services required.
- Developing supply options and contingency plans that support company plans.
- Supporting the organization’s need for a diverse and globally competitive supply base.
OBJECTIVE 4: Develop Strong Relationships with Other Functional Groups
In order to assure that those other functional groups (from business, marketing, sales, services) objectives are meet Members of purchasing department make a number of reports regarding strategies and objectives to identify month-over-month operation changes and strategic sourcing for year ahead business and project requirements.
- New orders – from customers.
- Production – rate and direction of change in the level of production.
- Employment – whether increased or decreased.
- Supplier deliveries – are they slower or faster?
- Inventories – increases or decreases in stockpiles.
- Customer Inventories – rates the level of inventories held by the organization’s customers.
- Prices – reports whether organizations are paying more or less for products & services.
- Backlog of Orders – measures whether the order backlog is growing or declining.
- New Export Orders – measures the level of export orders.
- Imports – measures the rate of change in imported materials.
By state our goals of purchasing for our business. In this way, we will never lose sight of the purpose of the purchasing function and will be able to make more intelligent and professional sound purchasing decisions. At the same time, it let our supplier partner aware for the professional basis how those sourcing decision will be made. Establishing, maintaining and improving business relationships with suppliers are another ways to ensure success for everyone together.
Key factors procurement considers to ensure successful supplier relationships need to be:
- Setting mutual expectations right
- Implement and maintain supplier performance measures.
- Ensure the measures are fully understood by all parties.
- Ensure the measure are good indicators of the health of the relationship to all parties involved.
- Ensuring all business requirements are fully understood and met.
- Ensuring collaborative work practices are implemented to ensure a joint approach to problem solving and the identification of improvement opportunities.
In short, our purchasing department’s goals are similar to those of anyone who buys something. Get the best possible quality of all supplies, services and equipment at the lowest cost. Most often, the purchasing department is that part of the procurement section that handles the supply chain process. To ensure quality and to prevent unethical practices.