The Qualys SECURE Seal trustmark will automatically be displayed on your site after your sites passes a Qualys SECURE Seal scan consisting of the following:
- Malware Scan
Evaluates the website for malicious software that could infect site visitors.
- Network Perimeter Vulnerability Scan
Identifies externally facing vulnerabilities on the web server that allow attackers to access specific information stored on the host.
- Web Application Vulnerability Scan
Scans for vulnerabilities in dynamic web applications, such as SQL, to ensure consumers interact with websites that safeguard their personal information.
- SSL Certificate Validation
Validates the website’s SSL certificate is valid and current.
Qualys SECURE Seal indentifies malware and vulnerabilities when the scan is conducted. The Qualys SECURE Seal will be removed if security issues, including but not limited to the following, are detected:
- Malware of any type
- Validation issues associated with the SSL Certificate
- Critical severity Perimeter Vulnerabilities
- Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) issues
- Susceptibility to SQL Injection, Command Injection, HTTP Response Splitting, Local or Remote File Inclusion Vulnerabilities
- The login form is not being submitted over an encrypted channel
Will Qualys use this scan data for any other purposes?
Yes. The scan data will be used in aggregate with other scans to improve the accuracy of the scanning service and to identify new threats and trends across the internet. The scan data is securely stored and handled. All use of the data is fully anonymized and can’t be tracked to any specific IP address or website, so there is no danger of information about your website ever being disclosed.
How often will our website be tested?
Qualys will automatically scan you site on a recurring basis:
- Malware Scan – daily
- Network Perimeter Vulnerability scan – weekly
- Web Application Vulnerability scan – weekly
- SSL Certificate Validation – weekly
- You may also scan your site “on-demand” at any time.
This video is about Qualys Secure Seal Product Overview by E-SPIN that will give you more information regarding this product.
For those who can not join us for the end user and channel partner product seminar session, please see the summary and highlight clip for the event.
If you have any inquiry or questions, feel free to contact E-SPIN for solution, product and project requirements.