Pivotal App Suite is Pivotal’s middleware platform used by developers and ops to build and run cloud-scale custom applications.
The Pivotal App Suite brings together Pivotal’s strategic open source investments in Spring IO, Groovy & Grails, RabbitMQ, Redis, Apache Tomcat, and the Apache HTTP Server, and combines them with Pivotal tc Server, Pivotal Web Server, and Pivotal RabbitMQ into a single, flexible platform product offering. Customers adopting the Pivotal App Suite today will also enjoy an easy technical migration into platform as a service in the future, as the components in the Pivotal App Suite are also built into Pivotal CF, the leading PaaS offering based on Cloud Foundry.
The intent of The Pivotal App Suite is to simplify the process of purchasing an application development platform and middleware by providing a best-of-breed collection of commercial products and open source support, while giving you the flexibility to choose which components you want to run and where you want to run them. As your architecture needs and runtime environment change over time, the Pivotal App Suite adapts with you by virtue of its transferrable cross-platform licensing and support, including physical, virtual, and cloud environments and by giving you the freedom to change the runtime architecture at will.
What Pivotal App Suite Does
- Build more functionality in less time with Spring, the world’s most popular application development framework.
- Run Java applications in Pivotal tc Server, a drop-in replacement for Apache Tomcat that includes Spring Insight monitoring and Redis and GemFire for session caching and data caching.
- Use modular components that are familiar to your team and easily incorporated into app development projects.
- Deploy with the confidence to later migrate to Pivotal CF, which incorporates many of the components in Pivotal App Suite. Pivotal CF includes support for Spring, has a tc Server buildpack as well as a Java buildpack that incorporates Apache Tomcat, and has RabbitMQ and Redis services that easily bind to apps running on PCF.
- Speed up, scale out and integrate applications using Pivotal RabbitMQ, the popular message broker behind many popular online services.
- Infuse applications with realtime data using Redis, an incredibly fast, flexible and easy to use data cache.
- Grow your app infrastructure using lightweight, easily managed components that power some of the world’s largest applications.
- Easily change deployment configurations as your needs change, thanks to Pivotal App Suite’s flexible licensing model.
This video is about E-SPIN VMware Pivotal App Suite Product Overview that will give you more information regarding this product.
For those who can not join us for the full day Training session, please see the summary and highlight clip for the event.
If you have any inquiry or questions, feel free to contact E-SPIN for solution, product and project requirements.