Flow Publisher brings Traffic Analysis to Every Corner of your Network
WhatsUp Flow Publisher makes it possible for network managers to deploy an inexpensive solution to collect flow based data from networked devices that have no NetFlow based capability. Flow Publisher is a lightweight agent that processes raw network traffic, extracts flow data, and exports NetFlow v1, v5, and v9 records, enabling real-time traffic analysis, monitoring, alerting and reporting. This Flow Publisher Getting Started guide provides an
overview of the steps required to deploy the Flow Publisher.
With WhatsUp Gold Flow Publisher, you can get unique insight and visibility into your network traffic for every device – whether they natively support flow monitoring or not. In short, Flow Publisher makes flow monitoring possible for every network segment and for literally every device. By capturing raw traffic from the network and converting it into standard NetFlow records, Flow Publisher puts you in complete control and conversing in a language your users understand.
The WhatsUp Flow Publisher is a lightweight agent that can be deployed to collect flow data from routers, switches, servers and other points of interest in the network. The Flow Publisher provides flow data and associated statistics for devices that do not support the NetFlow protocol, or where using a NetFlow enabled device to acquire the data is cost prohibitive and exports the flow data to Flow Monitor. After the Flow Publisher captures network data, it’s
configured to transmit the IP traffic information to WhatsUp Flow Monitor to analyze and report on network traffic patterns and bandwidth utilization in real-time.
With Flow Publisher you can:
- Turn on network traffic analysis for every device and every network segment.
- Determine which users, applications or traffic sources are consuming bandwidth.
- Require no costly upgrade of your devices to turn on application flow visibility.
- Get alerted in real-time when monitored traffic parameters breach targeted thresholds.
- Ensure business applications get the bandwidth they need.
- Access over 40+ web and mobile reports for base-lining and analysis.
Flow Publisher software requirements :
- 32-bit and 64-bit support for the following OS versions: Windows XP Professional SP3, Windows Server 2003 SP2 (or later), Windows Vista (SP2 recommended), Windows Server 2008 (SP2 recommended), Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows 7.
- WinPcap version 3.1 or later. Download and install WinPcap on the server hosting the Flow Publisher.
- Note: WhatsUp Flow Publisher was tested on WinPcap versions 3.1 to 4.1.
- WhatsUp Gold 16 or greater with Flow Monitor.
This video is about WhatsUp Gold Flow Publisher Technical Overview by E-SPIN that will give you more information regarding this product.
For those who can not join us for the session, please see the summary and highlight clip for the event.
If you have any inquiry or questions, feel free to contact E-SPIN for solution, product and project requirements.