New in WhatsUp Gold v16.4
- Added support for a larger number (1000+) of Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) groups.
- Added support for Windows 10 operating system.
- Added support for vSphere 6 systems including vCenter and ESXi.
- Added a Ping Interarrival Jitter Monitor which checks for variances in results returned from multiple pings to a specified device.
- Added a JMX Performance Monitor which allows you to monitor a server by requesting a single JMX performance counter that server supports. You can also browse and add available counters to the monitoring list.
- The first JMX Performance Monitor dialog allows you to name and provide a description of the monitor. This is also where you specify the port number to be used to communicate with the device to be monitored and the dialog from which you launch the JMX Credentials dialog.
- The Configure JMX Performance Monitor dialog is accessed from the Performance Monitors tab of the Device Properties dialog for a device with a JMX Performance Monitor applied and is used to modify the default data collection interval for the monitor.
- Added a File Content Monitor which scans specified files for a string pattern and can be used to scan log files for a known error string.
- Added a JMX Active Monitor which allows you to monitor any server that supports JMX by requesting one or more JMX attributes that server supports. You can also browse and add available attributed to the monitoring list.
- The first JMX Active Monitor dialog allows you to name and provide a description of the monitor. This is also where you specify the port number to be used to communicate with the device to be monitored and the dialog from which you launch the JMX Credentials dialog. The JMX Credentials dialog is identical to the one launched when configuring a JMX Performance Monitor.
- The next dialog launches when you select an attribute, then click Configure. It is used to define the value or range of values the monitor will use to determine the status of the device to which the monitor is applied.
- The Application Settings page has been updated to include configuration settings applicable to passwords required to use JMX-supported monitors. If changes are made to either the TrustStore or KeyStore passwords, the NmPoller processes on the local machine as well as on any machines with remote pollers installed must be restarted.
- APM plug-in
Added new profiles for a number of applications to APM
- WhatsUp Gold v16.4
- Apache Web Server
- Windows DNS Server
- SharePoint 2013
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2012 and 2014
Implemented new licensing scheme for APM based on number of application instances and end user monitor components in use as opposed to application components.
- Implemented new functionality allowing the user to create new application profiles based on existing read only Ipswitch-certified application profiles using the Edit a copy control.
- Operating system requirements
- Following are OS environment recommendations:
For evaluation purposes, WhatsUp Gold will operate on Windows 7, 8.1, and 10. However, production level support requires Windows Server versions only. See below for supported Windows Server platforms.
Installing WhatsUp Gold on a domain controller is not recommended or supported.
- If WhatsUp Gold is hosted in virtual environments, to prevent licensing issues, make sure that you assign a static MAC address to the virtual machine on which WhatsUp Gold is operating. Refer to your virtual machine software help documentation for information about assigning a static MAC address for the virtual machine.
- WhatsUp Gold requires dual-core processors @ 2.4 GHz (min). If you are installing WhatsUp Gold on a Virtual Machine, make sure that your guest VM has at least two CPU cores allocated to it. Refer to additional Hardware requirements guidelines below.
- WhatsUp Gold supports the following Windows Server platforms:
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 for product evaluation
This video is about WhatsUp Gold New Version 16.4 Technical Overview by E-SPIN that will give you more information regarding this product.
For those who can not join us for the session, please see the summary and highlight clip for the event.
If you have any inquiry or questions, feel free to contact E-SPIN for solution, product and project requirements.