What is VMware Carbon Black Cloud?
VMware Carbon Black Cloud is a cloud-native endpoint protection platform that combines intelligent system hardening and behavioural prevention to prevent emerging threat through the application of single lightweight agent and easy to use console.
VMware Carbon Black Cloud capabilities in enhancing endpoints and workloads security
The security model utilised by the infosecurity team in the organisation to protect endpoints and workloads incorporates of three major parts:
The following explains how VMware Carbon Black Cloud capabilities aligns with the security model to improve endpoints and workloads security.
Identify Risk Stage
Real-Time Device Assessment and Remediation (Previously refered as VMware Carbon Black Audit and remediation) helps improves efficiency by easily integrating with a customer’s existing IT and security tools, boosting productivity of endpoints and breaking down siloes between teams.
VMware Carbon Black Cloud that uses adaptive prevention for malware and fileless attacks empowers organisations with comprehensive protection to organization’s data and customer information. Adaptive prevention involves multi-layered approach to security, including machine learning and behavioral endpoint detection and response to protect data from malware, non-malware, ransomware, and Living-off-the-Land (LotL) attacks.
Detection and Response Stage
VMware Carbon Black Cloud’s endpoint detection and response capabilities provides organisation with complete visibility into endpoint activity. With visibility attacks with visibility into the entire attack chain, VMware Carbon Black Cloud allows organisation to understand abnormalities, thus reduce time and cost to investigate and respond to any attack.
What are the benefits offered by VMware Carbon Black Cloud?
The benefits of VMware Carbon Black include:
- Lowers risk of compromise using adaptable behaviour-ased prevention
- Enhances protection from known and unknown attacks
- Reduces performance impact on endpoints
- Speeds up investigations into abnormal activity and quickly and effectively respond to threats
- Reduce security gaps with full visibility into endpoints
- Prevent emerging cyberattacks when they get through
- Provides clear alerts and prioritisation of potential threats
- Simplifies operations through faster meantime to resolution (MTTR)
- Improve efficiency between IT and security operation.
E-SPIN Group in the enterprise ICT solutions supply, consulting, project management, training and maintenance for multinational corporations and government agencies across the region E-SPIN do business. Feel free to contact E-SPIN for your cyber exposure (risk, asset, vulnerability and threat management).