E-SPIN provide various Enterprise Architecture (EA) service work for the Client. Typical service include conducting enterprise analysis, design, planning, and implementation, using a holistic approach at all times, for the successful development and execution of strategy. For instance, engaged and responsible for performing the analysis of business structure and processes and are often called upon to draw conclusions from the information collected to address the goals of enterprise architecture: effectiveness, efficiency, agility, and durability.
Enterprise is a collection of organizations or business units that share a common set of goals. Architecture is the fundamental organization (structure) of components, their relationships, and the principles governing their design and evolution. Enterprise architecture applies architecture principles and practices to guide organizations through the business, information, process, and technology changes necessary to execute their strategies. These practices utilize the various aspects of an enterprise to identify, motivate, and achieve these changes. The focus is on organization logic for business processes and IT infrastructure reflecting the integration and standardization requirements of the firm’s operating model.
Typical deliverables always include
- Enterprise architecture (EA) plan, a conceptual blueprint that defines the structure and operation of an organization. The intent of enterprise architecture plan is to determine how an organization can most effectively achieve its current and future objectives, and to steer decision making toward the evolution of the future state architecture.
- Organizing logic for business processes and IT infrastructure reflecting the integration and standardization requirements of the company’s operating model. The operating model is the desired state of business process integration and business process standardization for delivering goods and services to customers.
- Analysing areas of common activity within or between organizations, where information and other resources are exchanged to guide future states from an integrated viewpoint of strategy, business and technology.
- Proactively and holistically leading enterprise responses to disruptive forces by identifying and analyzing the execution of change toward desired business vision and outcomes.
- Presenting business and IT leaders with signature-ready recommendations for adjusting policies and projects to achieve target business outcomes that capitalize on relevant business disruptions.
- Enterprise IT design – to achieve greater business and IT alignment; to guide the process of planning and design the IT/IS capabilities of an enterprise in order to meet desired organizational objectives. Typically, architecture proposals and decisions are limited to the IT/IS aspects of the enterprise; other aspects only serve as inputs.
- Enterprise integrating – to achieve greater coherency between the various concerns of an enterprise (HR, IT, Operations, etc.) including the linking between strategy formulation and execution. Typically, architecture proposals and decisions encompass all the aspects of the enterprise, and for enterprise integration.
- Enterprise ecological adaptation – to foster and maintain the learning capabilities of enterprises so that they may be sustainable. Consequently, a great deal of emphasis is put on improving the capabilities of the enterprise to improve itself, to innovate and to coevolve with its environment. Typically, proposals and decisions encompass both the enterprise and its environment.
- Depend on your project requirement, E-SPIN may involved for all enterprise architecture work or partial of it, from IT architecture designing, planning, implementing, governing to modelled Business, Application, Data and Technology levels based on modularisation, standardisation, already existing, proven technologies and products.
Relationship with Solution Architecture
Relationship with Solution Architecture: Solution architecture includes business architecture, information architecture, application architecture, and technology architecture operating at a tactical level and focusing on the scope and span of a selected business problem. In contrast, enterprise architecture, which also includes aforementioned four types of architecture, operates at the strategic level and its scope and span is the enterprise rather than a specific business problem. Consequently, enterprise architecture provides strategic direction and guidance to solution architecture.
Reason for Enterprise Architecture
They have lot of reason why Client (whether end user or business partner) engaged us for the related services, but we can grouping them into following :
- Effective management and exploitation of information through IT is a key to business/mission success.
In many organizations, current IT systems do not fully meet the needs of the business because they are: Fragmented, duplicated; Poorly understood; Not responsive to change; Investment in information technology is often focused on systems maintenance and tactical developments rather than on a strategic plan.
- To optimize across the enterprise the often fragmented legacy of processes (both manual and automated) into an integrated environment that is responsive to change and supportive of the delivery of the business strategy (i.e. for business and/or technology transformation).
- Improve alignment between business and technology.
- Perform impact analysis when migrating from current to future states on services, manpower, etc.
- Simulate Business Processes to highlight areas of improvement.
- Assist in strategic decision making by providing multiple views of the organization.
- Enables organizations to achieve the right balance between IT efficiency and business innovation.
- More efficient business operation: Lower business operation costs; More agile organization; Business capabilities shared across the organization; Lower change management costs; More flexible workforce; Improved business productivity.
- More efficient IT operation: Lower software development, support, and maintenance costs; Increased portability of applications; Improved interoperability and easier system and network management; Improved ability to address critical enterprise-wide issues like security; Easier upgrade and exchange of system components.
- Better return on existing investment, reduced risk for future investment: Reduced complexity in the business and IT; Maximum return on investment in existing business and IT infrastructure; The flexibility to make, buy, or out-source business and IT solutions; Reduced risk overall in new investments and their cost of ownership.
- Faster, simpler, and cheaper procurement.
- Greater Usability.
- More Focus on Holistic Enterprise Change.
- More Consistency of Output.
Benefits of Enterprise Architecture
The benefits of enterprise architecture are achieved through its direct and indirect contributions to organizational goals. It has been found that the most notable benefits of enterprise architecture can be observed in the following areas:
- Organizational design – to provides support in the areas related to design and re-design of the organizational structures during mergers, acquisitions (M&A) or during general organizational change and development (OCD).
- Organizational processes and process standards – to helps enforce discipline and standardization of business processes, and enable process consolidation, reuse and integration.
- Project portfolio management – to supports investment decision-making and work prioritization, to make sure as time invest forward, company get put the most important things done first.
- Project management – to enhances the collaboration and communication between project stakeholders. Enterprise architecture contributes to efficient project scoping, and to definition of more complete and consistent project deliverables.
- Requirements Engineering – to increases the speed of requirement elicitation and the accuracy of requirement definitions, through publishing of the enterprise architecture documentation.
- System development – contributes to optimal system designs and efficient resource allocation during system development and testing.
- IT management and decision making – to help enforce discipline and standardization of IT planning activities and to contribute to reduction in time for technology-related decision making.
- IT value – to helps reduce the systems implementation and operational costs, and minimize replication of IT infrastructure services across business units.
- IT complexity – contributes to reduction in IT complexity, consolidation of data and applications, and to better interoperability of the systems.
- IT openness – contributes to more open and responsive IT as reflected through increased accessibility of data for regulatory compliance, and increased transparency of infrastructure changes.
- IT risk management – contributes to reduction of business risk from system failures and security breaches. Enterprise architecture helps reduce risks of project delivery.
- Vendor/Technology Neutral. For enterprise architecture service subscriber, our focus is on architecturing enterprise and providing services related to it. We are open to work with any Client for end user/business partner or in any technical environment.
- Strategic alliances. E-SPIN has strategic partnerships with all the leading technology manufactures we have develop long enterprise architecture work based on it. These alliances help us serving our clients with multiple choices and reduced cost, since we know what work in the context and scenario. Apart from these strategic alliances, we have global tie ups with all leading OEMs.
- Global Deployment Capabilities. E-SPIN has a direct and indirect presence in multiple region, countries and a robust partner eco system cover the globe which help our clients with on time and efficient deployment of products.
- Flexible pricing models. We offer our clients flexible and transparent pricing options which help them reducing their upfront cost and convert that into an operational expenditure.
Please feel free to contact E-SPIN for your inquiry and requirement, so we can assist you on the exact requirement in the packaged solutions that you may required for your operation or project needs.