The term cloud refers to a set of web-hosted applications that store and allow access to data over the Internet instead of on a computer’s hard drive.
- For consumers, simply using the internet to view web pages, access email accounts on services such as Gmail, and store files in Dropbox are examples of cloud computing for consumers.
- Businesses use it in many of the same ways. They also may use Software as a Service (SaaS) options to subscribe to business applications or rent server space to host proprietary applications to provide services to consumers.
Cloud monitoring works through a set of tools that supervise the servers, resources, and applications running the applications. These tools generally come from two sources:
- In-house tools from the cloud provider — This is a simple option because the tools are part of the service. There is no installation, and integration is seamless.
- Tools from independent SaaS provider — Although the SaaS provider may be different from the cloud service provider, that doesn’t mean the two services don’t work seamlessly. These providers also have expertise in managing performance and costs.
Cloud monitoring tools look for problems that can prevent or restrict businesses from delivering service to their customers. Generally, these tools offer data on performance, security, and customer behavior:
- Cyber security is a necessary part of keeping networks safe from cyber attacks. IT teams can use it to detect breaches and vulnerabilities early and secure the network before the damage gets out of hand.
- By testing at regular intervals, organizations can detect errors quickly and rectify them in order to mitigate any damage to performance and functionality, which improves the customer experience and, as a result, can boost sales and enhance customer retention.
- Speed — like functionality and user experience — is a primary driver of customer satisfaction. Speed metrics can be monitored and generate data that helps organizations optimize websites and applications.
Feel free to contact E-SPIN for the various technology solution that can facilitate your cloud monitoring infrastructure availability and security monitoring.