APM monitors applications across multiple devices, servers, and systems, providing performance statistics and overall application health, while alerting on performance degradation and potential problems before they result in service outages. APM helps IT organizations measure and guarantee Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and assists in pinpointing application performance bottlenecks and points of failure. We going see How to WUG APM Create Multi Server Single Custom APM by E-SPIN ?
Each application monitored by APM is comprised of a collection of individual components as defined in the application profile. This application profile is then applied to a monitored device, creating an application instance.
The following are some examples of application types that APM supports:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager § Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft IIS § Microsoft Active Directory/Domain Controller
- Ipswitch WhatsUp Gold § Microsoft SQL Server
- Ipswitch iMail § Microsoft Lync Server
- Microsoft Exchange § Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server § Oracle Database Server
The following terms are used throughout APM:
- Application Type. Groups application profiles, instances, and components by the type of application (e.g., Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft Windows). After profiles, instances, and components are configured for an application, you will begin monitoring information about application health.
- Application. An application is made up of one or more programs running on one or more monitored systems. There are three distinct application types leveraged by APM:
- Simple application. A simple application is an application that is not dependent on another application to run. Example: Microsoft Server 2008 R2.
- Complex application. A complex application is an application configured to be dependent on one or more applications to run. Example: WhatsUp Gold (requires IIS and SQL Server).
- Discrete application. A discrete application is an application upon which a complex application has a dependency. For example, IIS and SQL Server are discrete applications on which the complex application WhatsUp Gold is dependent.
This video is about WhatsUpGold create Multi Server Single Custom APM Technical Overview by E-SPIN that will give you more information regarding this product.
Then, this summary and highlight of post event video clip will be for you, if you are not able to attend WhatsUp Gold Create Multi Server Single Custom APM Technical Overview for end user and channel partner product seminar session.
If you have any inquiry or questions, feel free to contact E-SPIN for solution, product and project requirements.