IT Operations Management (ITOM) involved technology infrastructure components and requirements of individual applications, services, storage, networking and connectivity elements within an organization. In other words, IT Operation Management responsible for smooth functioning of an infrastructure and operational environments that support application deployment to internal and external customers, including network infrastructure; server and device management; computer operations; IT infrastructure library (ITIL) management; and help desk services to an organization.
The main focus of IT operations management ; delivery of a stable service in accordance with agreed service level. In other words, IT operations managements controls and monitors all operations related to IT infrastructure services.
There could be overlaps between IT operations management and application management. However, IT operations management is distinct function even though both technical and application management can be same part.
1. Network Infrastructure
- All networking functions related to Internal and external communications
- Management of internal telephone system
- Providing remote access for authorized users to organization network
- Telecommunication management, internal & external, for organization
- Port management in order to facilitate access to outside servers
- Resolving any issues and monitoring related to network resources
2. Server and Device management
- Server management
- File server, email setup and authorization
- Organization management approved devices like laptop, desktop and mobile computing devices
3. Operations related to Computer & Helpdesk
- Data Center & facility management
- Help desk management
- User provisioning
- Providing inputs to configuration audits
- Backup management
- High availability IT services & Disaster recovery management
In small business, ITOM may be hands-on and provided in-house. Increasingly, however, it likely to be automated and possibly outsourced. IT operations management software monitors and controls way an IT organization manages software, hardware service as well as other IT support like mobile contracting and help desks to many different kinds. Options include managed services, Software as Service (SaaS) and software platforms.
IT Operations not IT Applications.
IT Operations generally does not deal in programming activities. Going from that, we can refine IT Ops generally covers everything (all IT functions) outside Application programming and management and we can say that IT Operation and IT Application relationship doesn’t overlap.
Feel free to contact E-SPIN for the various technology solution that can facilitate your adoption and fulfilling your operation or project requirement about IT Operation Management (ITOM).