Prevent unauthorized use of removable storage devices
McAfee® Device Control protects critical data from leaving your company through removable media, such as USB drives, Apple iPods, Bluetooth devices, and recordable CDs and DVDs. It gives you the tools to monitor and control data transfers from all desktops and laptops—regardless of where users and confidential data go, even when they are not connected to the corporate network.
Device Control Management
Comprehensive device management helps control and block confidential data copied to removable storage devices. Device parameters, such as product ID, vendor ID, serial number, device class, and device name, can be specified and categorized. Furthermore, different policies like block or encrypt can be enforced based on the content loaded onto the devices.
Managed policies include, but are not limited to:
- Support for plug-and-play devices and removable storage devices—the removable storage device definitions can support Mac OS X-only, Microsoft Windows-only, or both.
- Removable storage devices blocking or ability to make them read-only.
- Content-aware protection for removable storage devices.
- Integration with McAfee Endpoint Encryption for file folders and digital rights management (DRM) solutions.
- File access protection for files that reside on removable storage devices.
- Unrivaled data protection: Specify detailed hardware and content based filtering, monitoring, and blocking of confidential data on any removable storage device.
- Comprehensive device management: Enable safe use of removable media devices—no need to “block all” and hinder work productivity.
- McAfee ePO centralized management platform: Centrally deploy and manage security policy to prevent confidential data loss via removable media.
- Complete visibility: Prove internal and regulatory compliance measures to auditors, board members, and other stakeholders.
This video is about McAfee Device Control Product Overview by E-SPIN that will give you more information regarding this product.
For those who can not join us for the session, please see the summary and highlight clip for the event.
E-SPIN recently run a McAfee Device Control what’s new session cover what new for new user and existing users.
If you have any inquiry or questions, feel free to contact E-SPIN for solution, product and project requirements.