What is Nessus Expert?
Nessus Expert is a vulnerability assessment solution for your modern attack surface built on the foundation of Nessus Professional. It is built by Tenable for security practitioners, consultants, developers and pentesters to address threats that can impact the your ever expanding attack surface through the addition of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) scanning along with the external attack surface discovery capabilities.
- Easy deployment and easy-to-use through fully portable and simple policy creation.
- Improve protection through advanced detection means.
- Cost Effective for any organisation regardless the sizes.
- Accurate visibility into the networks through high-speed, accurate scanning and highlights for remediation prioritization.
- Tenable Zero Day Research Team provides protection from new threats through new plugins.
- Growth opportunity as Nessus Expert has operability across Tenable’s product portfolio.
1. Shift Left and Securing Cloud Infrastructure
Nessus Expert enables practitioners prevent unknown risk through IaC code repositories scanning before pushing to production. Advantageously, this feature:
- helps establish a proactive approach to vulnerability assessment for cloud workloads
- enables the discovery of unknown security issues as part of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- detects disruptive and costly vulnerabilities before deployment of code
2. Gain Visibility into Internet-Facing Assets
Basically, the modern attack surface includes the unknown internet-facing assets due to missing inventory controls and effectiveness in spinning up cloud instances in minutes. Nessus Expert solves this issue through:
- Providing information on the previously unknown internet-connected assets
- Launching assessment scans for newly identified assets
- Understanding of risk and closing the gap for assets outside of your perimeter
1. Easy of Use
Nessus Expert is designed with UX update to provide a more intuitive approach to navigation and user experience. This includes a resource center to guide users with actionable tips and guidance on the next steps to take.
2. Deployment flexibility
Nessus Expert is fully portable and offers deployment on various platform no matter your location, your direction or how distributed your environment is. Nessus Expert is available in Raspberry Pi.
3. Efficiency and accuracy
The dynamically compiled plugins in Nessus Expert enhances scan performance and efficiency thus significantly enables faster completion of the first scan and time to value.
4. Intelligent vulnerability assessment with Live Results
Live Results carry out intelligent vulnerability assessment in offline mode with every plugin update without the need to run a scan. Users only need to log in and view the results of potential vulnerabilities based on your scan history. Running a scan to check the presence of vulnerability, creating a faster, more efficient process for assessing, prioritizing and remediating issues can be done with a single click button.
5. Pre-built policies and templates
Nessus Expert’s out-of-the-box, pre-configured templates for IT and mobile assets which include configuration audits enables users to quickly see vulnerabilities. There are more that 450 configured templates compliance and configuration templates available in Nessus Expert to let you to audit configuration compliance against CIS benchmarks and other best practices.
6. Customizable reporting
Users can create reports by applying customized views such as specific vulnerability types, vulnerabilities by host or plugin, by team or client in a various formats according to need (e.g: HTML, CSV and Nessus XML).
7. Drilldown & Troubleshooting
The time take for troubleshooting on potential issues becomes longer as networks become more sophisticated and complex, With Nessus packet capture feature, users obtain powerful debugging capability to troubleshoot scanning issues.
8. Grouped View
Similar vulnerabilities issues are grouped together and presented in one thread. With Nessus Expert, users can use snoozing feature to make the selected issues disappear from view for a specified period of time. This helps users to with prioritization as it allows you to focus on the specific issues that you are working on at a given time.