What is Red Hat CodeReady Studio ?
Red Hat® CodeReady Studio (formerly Red Hat Developer Studio) is a certified Eclipse-based integrated development environment (IDE) for developing, testing, and deploying rich web apps, mobile web apps, transactional enterprise apps, and microservices. Red Hat CodeReady Studio provides superior support for your entire development life cycle, all with one tool.
- Fully integrated JBoss development environment. Unlike standalone IDEs, tooling and runtime components are integrated and certified by combining Eclipse, JBoss tools, and Red Hat JBoss Middleware. Based on Eclipse Neon. The latest Eclipse and Web Tools Project (WTP) releases provide powerful tools for Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE) and web development.
- Java EE. JBoss Developer Studio provides extensions to Web Tools Project for CDI, Batch, JAX-RS, and other specifications of the latest Java EE.
- Hibernate Tools. Hibernate Tools provides easy generation, testing, and prototyping of your Hibernate or JPA mapped projects. Use it to run queries, browse mappings, and generate code for your data projects.
- Tooling for Red Hat OpenShift 2, Red Hat OpenShift 3, and Red Hat Container Development Kit. JBoss Developer Studio includes tooling that allows you to interact with a Red Hat cloud offering as if it were a local server.
- Docker tools. Tooling for Docker brings support for managing containers inside Eclipse IDE. This feature is part of the Linux® Tools project at Eclipse and comes with JBoss Developer Studio. The goal of the Docker tooling is to integrate all the CLI features relevant for developers who want to build and deploy applications on containers.
- Red Hat Central to start up JBoss Developer Studio. Red Hat Central helps you with project wizards to instantly start working with your favorite framework. It also provides you with the latest community news, announcements, and blog articles so you always know what’s happening at JBoss.org. Finally, it is easier to install extra plugins, tested and validated by our army of QA engineers.
- HTML5 Preview and HTML5 Widget Palette. WYSIWYG preview is not coupled with a particular editor—use it with any editor with DOM model support. HTML Preview provides these features: automatic refresh (enabled by default), refresh on save, and navigation from source to view and vice versa.
- Visual Page Editor. Visual Page Editor combines visual and source editing of web pages, including rendering AJAX-enabled JSF, and JSP, HTML, and XHTML pages.
- BrowserSim and CordovaSim mobile simulators. A mobile simulator can easily test your web application with various resolutions, dimensions, and features. Unlike other mobile simulators, BrowserSim runs on all three major platforms—Windows, Linux, and OS X.
- Optimized JBoss WildFly server adapter. The advanced JBoss WildFly adapter includes features like incremental hot deployment and is pre-configured for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP), which is included.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat Network access. Access to Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Linux development tools, and Red Hat Subscription Management for development purposes (formerly known as Red Hat Network) are included in the Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Portfolio Edition.
- A pre-assembled development environment, including both tooling and runtime components. No need to cobble one together
- Applications developed for deployment on premise or in the cloud through its seamless integration with Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform and Red Hat OpenShift Online
- Tested and certified to ensure that all components work well together, such as Hibernate,Portal, jBPM, and Drools
- Verified plugins, runtime components, and their dependencies compatible with each other.
Business process modeling tools – a graphical business process designer tool aids in workflow creation and can integrate processes with human task management.
Business rules management tools – JBoss Drools, the most widely used tool in the market, is supported. Graphical tools help create and edit business rules, rule resources, and decision tables which can easily be used in business process workflows.
SOA tools – develop and deploy integration applications based on service oriented architecture (SOA) that includes ability to create, configure, and deploy enterprise service bus (ESB) components.
Portal tools – create and deploy portlets that are compatible with Java standard (JSR) 186/286 and Red Hat JBoss Portal.
Spring tools – includes the Spring integrated development environment (IDE) for developing Spring application
FOUR WAYS TO GET RED HAT CODEREADY STUDIO
1. Included with these Red Hat JBoss subscriptions:
- Red Hat JBoss Portal
- Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization (formerly known as Red Hat JBoss Data Services)
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP)
- Red Hat JBoss BRMS
- Red Hat JBoss SOA Platform
- Red Hat Development Suite
2. With the Red Hat CodeReady Studio (Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio) Portfolio Edition
Red Hat CodeReady Studio (Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio) Portfolio Edition is available as a standalone subscription for
Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. In addition to all of the features and benefits of Red Hat CodeReady Studio, the Portfolio Edition also includes the Red Hat JBoss products listed above and OpenJDK. Red Hat CodeReady Studio portfolio edition also comes with one entitlement to Red Hat Enterprise Linux with built-in development tools and access to Red Hat Subscription
Management for development purposes.
3. Through the Red Hat Developer Program at no cost to members
Members of the Red Hat Developer Program have access at no cost to the full 12-month self-support Red Hat CodeReady Studio
(Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio) standalone version for development purposes. The Red Hat Developer Program is free to join.
4. As part of the Red Hat Development Suite available to Red Hat Developer Program members at no cost
The Red Hat Development Suite includes Red Hat CodeReady Studio (Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio), Red Hat Container Development Kit (CDK), and OpenJDK for Windows. The Red Hat Developer Program is free to join.
Note: The above items are provided as a subscription for use by individual developers for development purposes only.
E-SPIN Group in the business of enterprise ICT solutions supply, consulting, project management, training and maintenance, for multinational corporations and government agencies across the region E-SPIN did business, since 2005. Feel free to contact E-SPIN for your requirements and project inquiry.