SteelConnect is a revolutionary application-defined SD-WAN solution
It provides you with an intelligent and simplified approach to designing, deploying and managing distributed networks for today’s cloud-centric world.
SteelConnect leverages the principles of software-defined control to provide:
- Simple yet powerful workflows for policy definition based on a new set of primitives to reflect the natural language of business: Applications, Users, Sites, Performance and Security
- Single-click setup of SD-WAN and application acceleration capabilities in Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services cloud environments
- User-to-server control, wherever the user (static or mobile) or server (cloud or on-premises) might be
- Scalability for large environments, including data centers. No rip-and-replace needed
- Integrated application acceleration and visibility capabilities, provided as a single-box, dual-box, virtual or cloud-based solution
Riverbed Application-Defined Networking for the Cloud Era
To solve these challenges, you need a centrally managed, application-defined networking solution for the Cloud era. With Riverbed’s Application-Defined Networking, the network environment adapts to the application requirements.
IT then can manage network segments that are part of SD-WAN’s unified networking fabric (WANS/LANS/Cloud),
optimize and accelerate apps, and see into and troubleshoot application and network performance based on that application intelligence. As a result, Riverbed can deliver enterprise-level Visibility, Optimization, and Control over any network to any cloud or users no matter where they work.
Riverbed uniquely delivers these capabilities.
• Cloud Connectivity
• Cloud Managed LAN
• WAN Optimization
• Cloud Visibility
SteelConnect is the only SD-WAN solution that:
- Allows single-click creation of SD-WAN capabilities in the cloud
- Fully automates secure connectivity between cloud vendors, between cloud regions and between branch locations and the cloud
- Provides a unified management console for cloud, WAN and LAN/WLAN. Application acceleration, WAN Optimization and visibility are also orchestrated here
- Replaces the pains of WAN management complexity with cloud-era IT agility
Software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) is an agile, software-driven approach to wide area networks (WANs). It replaces traditional WAN networking hardware such as command-line interface (CLI) configured routers with centralized management, applying software-defined networking (SDN) technology to wide area network (WAN) connections to most effectively deliver applications to users across long distances.
The goal of SD-WAN is to reduce the costs of private WAN links, increase performance, and make networking more agile for the cloud.
SteelConnect was designed to be highly intuitive and powerful
The solution consists of appliances and a centralized management console that the administrator uses to view network health, deploy appliances and make changes to policy. Secure connectivity is automatically established with appliances, policy is updated, and, based on real-time network health, business-critical applications always receive right-of-way.
How it works: SteelConnect components include:
- SteelConnect Gateway: A line of physical and virtual secure WAN gateways that provide unified connectivity (point-to-point and full-mesh) and enforcement of global policy across on-premises and cloud network environments, zero-touch provisioning, automated VPN management and next-generation firewall and threat protection capabilities.
- SteelConnect Switches & Access Points: A line of remote LAN switches and Wi-Fi access points that support zero-touch provisioning, automate global enforcement of access control policies and provide complete visibility into connected users and devices.
- SteelConnect Manager: A centralized and multi-tenant management portal that provides an intuitive and simplified workflow for designing, deploying and managing distributed and hybrid networks
Benefits: How SteelConnect Accelerates Your Business Performance
- Agility: Quickly respond to the needs of your business with application-centric, business intent-based policies that are centrally managed and applied network-wide across all remote locations.
- Reduced Costs: Maximize the use of redundant and lower cost connectivity options with zero-touch provisioning & centralized management to reduce the cost of deploying and maintaining a hybrid WAN architecture.
- Security: Leverage secure transport network services & integrated firewall capabilities to ensure the secure delivery of all applications across your hybrid enterprise. Securely identify and manage the performance of today’s modern and encrypted applications running over SSL, TLS and HTTPS.
- Reliability: Create a highly available WAN architecture that virtualizes and dynamically leverages multiple links at remote locations. Retain end-to-end visibility of network performance and end-user experience for troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Performance: Deliver superior application performance to your business with the industry-leading WAN optimization solution from Riverbed.