It has grown in popularity among businesses in industries such as advertising and graphic design, audio-visual media content, technical and engineering drawing, financial institutions and government agencies which frequently send a large amount of information and large file as part of a normal business day. Email may be ad hoc solution for small file delivery as attachment in encrypted format for sensitive data, but for high volume of large files usually prohibit by most email server due to high bandwidth consumption and storage quota restriction.
Transfer data between any two or more locations securely with Secure File Transfer (SFTP)
Secure File Transfer (SFTP) is the solution for routine, ongoing and large file transfer among intranet office, branches, and business partners. It offer encryption-based and enterprise-grade security, reliability, scalability, real-time delivery and performance at competitive cost compare with traditional document or package delivery. In brief, Secure File Transfer encrypts all network traffic (data and control), and transfers files using a single TCP/IP port and then open up secure tunneling to transmission data across insecure open networks (such as Internet) to reach the SFTP Server (central location for each other to exchange files). Files can be sent securely and received via a Web browser, with a graphical client, or with a command line client. The command line client can be invoked in a script using commands similar to the FTP command set. Data is delivered more reliably than e-mail and at network speed.
Benefits of using Secure File Transfer (SFTP):
- Secure – transfer fully encrypted, highly sensitive data between any two locations in rea-time, not need to wait for delivery
- Automated – transfers sensitive data with SFTP clients automatically
- Regulatory compliant – meets various regulatory, risk and security compliance requirements for transfer of sensitive data
- User ID password protection – login process is encrypted (prevent user ID and password theft)
- Firewall Protection – servers are firewall-protected against denial-of-service (DoS) attacks and intrusion attempt and allow only authorize user for connection
- Cross platform compatibility – transfer to an from almost any types of computer, including Windows/Mac/Linux/HP Unix/Sun Solaris/IBM AIX and Mainframes
- Requires only a Web browser (FTP over SSL) or Windows Explorer-like Client (faster learning adoption)
If you have any inquiry or questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.