What is JetBrains Space?
JetBrains Space is an all-in-one solution for software teams to build and deliver, collaborates through chats, manage the team and projects as well as automate workflows.
1. All in one platform – from software development, project management to communication toolchain.
2. Minimum distraction
3. Remote development toolset
4. Entensible plus customisable
5. Easy start up
6. Native integration with IDE
7. Scalability – according to business demand
8. Cost saving solution
1. Software development
This feature includes the following:
- The web-based interface to browse and edit code as well as flexible rules for granting member access offers rapid and scalable hosting for private, Git-based repositories.
- Users can perform online code browsing, Edit files and commit changes directly, monitor commit status from external build servers, manage and protect source code, push restriction, protected branches, code owners and mirroring.
- Space supports easy workflow for both review code in the branch before being merged to master, or after merging one or more commits through collaborate on code in place, efficient and effective code reviews, passed merge request that is automatically accepted after approval, and code owner or designated team having ability to set rule on approval.
Integration with IntelliJ-based IDEs
- Connecting IntelliJ IDEA or any other IntelliJ-based IDE to Space lets you get access to your repositories, code reviews and merge requests,automation (CI builds), and packages.
- Space plugin that comes bundled with IntelliJ IDE and in pycharm (both version 2021.1), allows the team to clone Space Git project repositories directly from IDE, create and perform code reviews with merge requests and discuss code snippets with the teammates right from your IDE, Assign and mention team members as well as view the related branches in code reviews. Team can easily edit Space Automation scripts in IntelliJ IDEA with code highlighting and automatic code completion, also track an automation job’s progress in the Git log.
Cloud dev environments
- Ready-to-use cloud dev environments allows users to build remote development process. The capabilities of this feature include manage and share the dev environments, use the VM resources needed, Start coding in user’s IDE in seconds using with prebuilt snapshots and work on several tasks simultaneously.
- This feature helps organise your continuous delivery pipelines through Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Space enables users to create and use package repositories in either CI/CD pipelines or local machine by applying apps distribution, package dependencies, powerful search, and automatic repositories clean up. Furthermore, packages and files between products can be shared using Container, Maven, NuGet, Python, Composer, npm, and File repositories.
2. Chats and collaborates
Space lets your team communicate, collaborate, and share knowledge inside your organisation through Collaborate in Chats. The capabilities includes:
- Create new channel (public or private) or join the existing channel to communicate among the teams related to the project. The features included in channel are inside channel, smart notifications inside channels, personal inbox, flexible notifications setting, reply and react in place, distraction-free mode, review code and share article drafts in chats and integrated with profiles.
- Space enables the team to share news, knowledge and experience through Documents, collaborative editing and promote open communication.
3. Project management
Space gives users the ability to plan, manage and execute work on the project as a team. The whole workflow and collaboration process are optimised through:
- project dashboard
- permissions and responsibilities
- issue tracking
- issue boards
- top-down planning
- personal to-do list
- personalised dashboard
- personal calendar
- quick search, navigation and action
Space is supported with wide range of extensions and integrations. That includes both external integrations and In-product customisations.
External integrations extension:
- HTTP API
- Interactive bots and slash commands
- Space as an authorisation server
- Space client SDK
- Custom fields
- Kotlin workflows
- No-code workflows with external tools
- Import data into space
5. Team management
Space provides everything that helps your ensure open work and transparent collaboration. The features include:
- Home for teams that display overview of the projects; including the project each team is working on, their scheduled meetings, and most recent updates feeds.
- Manage memberships and permissions in one place
Team calendar for general overview of teammates availability.
- Connect team members
– member profiles list and add details to member profiles through customised fields
– personal calendar
- Manage vacations
- Share planning
- Schedule meetings
E-SPIN offers products, solutions and services from a wide range of suppliers throughout the world. Now, E-SPIN is actively promoting JetBrains full range of products of developer tool for software developer and teams. Please Feel free to contact E-SPIN for your enterprise digital transformation initiative, project requirement and inquiry.