The Client is a national telecommunications company founded in 1984 within the Asia Pacific region. Beginning as the national telecommunications company for fixed line, radio and television broadcasting services, it has evolved to become the country’s largest provider of broadband services, data, fixed-line, mobile, pay television and network services. The Client represents one of the largest government-linked companies in the country, with more than 28,000 employees.
The Client have the Threat and Vulnerability Management department setup to incharge in house and ad hoc on project requirements to perform various functionality, from security posture assessment (SPA) with various best in the market threat and vulnerability management, penetration testing tools and system, as well as digital forensics tools and system for incident response operation need.
It is of strategic importance for the department to select and work with niche solution providers who can provide extensive working knowledge for the technology and industry, to consult them on the package solution that optimized their 3 years budget. In another word, The Client look for solution specialist who know their operation and have the market reputation on those range of solutions, not a ad hoc passive trader who attract and come in very last minutes for the procurement trade, that do not value added from pre-sales consulting, sales facilitation and post sales technical enabling services and support during the project duration, up to tailor made ten (10) man days product training and knowledge transfer as part of the requirements to enable the department for not just procure product, but ensure have provide the right training how to operate range of the tool and access to maintenance support for the project duration.
The proposed system includes The Client-centric operation requirements and challenges understanding first, before provide range of the various solution mix and involved in multiple times of the solution consulting session, finalizing the solution needs and wait for the The Client to perform internal budget approval and upon award for the project, deliver the solution mix that include broad category of security posture assessment (SPA) related threat and vulnerability management, penetration testing tools and systems, to digital forensics tools and system for incident response operation needs for the department, together with the new hardware system and value added enabling services, from product training to maintenance support.
In addition to E-SPIN package solutions include hardware and software, E-SPIN provided solution consulting, tailor made and customized training and knowledge transfer, and technical support and maintenance services as a single solution package vendor. It enables the Client to focus on department operation and let solution specialist vendor E-SPIN to handle the rest for hassle free project supply and enabling the department.
- For security posture assessment (SPA) end, come with vulnerability scanner to perform network device, server and host vulnerability assessment, web application scanner, web application pentesting tool, penetration testing suite, secure SSH terminal.
- For digital forensic end, come with network forensic tool for analysing network traffic, specialised hardware to capture and visualise, filter network traffic, network packet brokers to perform traffic aggregation + replication, L2 – L4 traffic filtering, L2 – L4 header modification, VLAN add/remove/modify, MPLS tag add/remove/modify and session-aware load balancing.
- For hardware portions, come with custom specification high performance 15″ mobile workstation capable to power up multiple virtual machines, virtualization software, Windows licensing, external multi TB HDD to store additional virtual machine and project data.
- Immediate resolved of immediate operation requirement for procure the right set of the tool and system and enabling the team how to operate them for the project duration.
- Immediate improved internal customer satisfaction due to having the right mix of the tools and system in place for performing various operation requirements and cases on demand.
- Help The Client for the project budget optimization and utilization based on The Client operation needs and requirements.
E-SPIN value added services (VAS) engage for the project:
- Enterprise consultancy based on the project requirements and subsequent project supply, training, maintenance support during the project period.
We hope the case Telco Security Posture Assessment and Incident Response solution, will help for those who are looking for the solution with context. Feel free to contact E-SPIN for your project requirements and discussion session, we see what we can duplicate the project success to your unique case.