Tenable Network Security, Inc., the leader in Unified Security Monitoring(USM), today announced the availability of the Nessus® 5.0 vulnerability scanner, new version of Industry’s Most Widely-deployed Vulnerability and Configuration Assessment Solution Enhances Usability, Policy Creation, Efficiency, and Communication.
“Version 5.0 builds on the solid foundation Nessus has established for quality and accuracy, and now makes it easier and faster to install and use.”
Nessus 5.0 delivers top-line business benefits by introducing enhancements that streamline and optimize each of the major phases of the vulnerability and configuration assessment process. Specific benefits include:
- Streamlined startup – New installation wizard and web interface ensure Nessus 5.0 is up-and-running, completely configured in minutes.
- Rapid policy creation – More than two dozen new plugin filters make it fast and easy to create policies for targeted scans. Selecting multiple filter criteria, such as, vulnerability publication date, public vulnerability database ID, information assurance vulnerability alert (IAVA), and more, makes it simple to identify easily-exploitable vulnerabilities.
- Industry-leading efficiency – Real-time scan results combined with on-the-fly filtering allow users to quickly see risk level and act upon vulnerability data without waiting for the scan to complete. One-click navigation makes it easy to jump from critical vulnerability to vulnerable host to the details of the vulnerability. Five severity levels quickly separate informational data from actionable results.
- Fully customizable reports – Multiple filters, results management, and new pre-configured report formats allow users to produce targeted reports tailored to fit the needs/interests of executives, systems administrators, and auditors. Users can also combine multiple report templates into a single, comprehensive report, which can be delivered in a variety of formats, including PDF.
LCE Version 4 introduces several new enhancements that speed results, optimize workflow, and improve system reliability including:
- Event Processing Speeds in Excess of 30,000 events per second give network, security, and compliance teams near-instant visibility, pinpointing threats and misconfiguration.
- ‘Smart’ Load Balancing goes beyond simple “round robin” server switching capabilities by automatically targeting new or underutilized servers when workloads increase. Users can dynamically add new instances of LCE that will aggressively accept workloads until it has caught up with its peers.
- Enhanced Event Full-text Search allows LCE users to identify specific events and network based activity by rapidly sifting through mountains of log data.
These updates, along with additional functionality enhancements embedded in LCE Version 4.This integration delivers two key business benefits:
- Cost Savings: Integration between log correlation and vulnerability management improves operational efficiency and reduces costs by eliminating the need for a standalone log management solution that requires additional staffing and financial resources.
- Rock-Solid Security:The integration of log correlation data with vulnerability intelligence results in streamlined compliance, faster and more reliable attack mitigation and detection, and deeper intelligence and reporting on existing and emerging risks.
If you want to access to the full detailed topic over of the above information, please feel free to subscribe for our free newsletter and get access to the professional reading book: database security. The article is cater for vulnerabilities, threats, and compliance data, delivering real-time network vulnerability intelligence and threat correlation.
If you have any inquiry or questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.