Every individual has required different care depending upon their health problem like Every individual has required different care depending upon their health problem like some require normal care and some require extra special care. So on the basis of patient condition healthcare divides into various types. Following types of healthcare are explained below:
1. Primary Healthcare
Primary health care mainly focuses on health equity producing social policy beyond the traditional healthcare system. Its main aim is to provide local care to a patient because professionals related to primary care are normal generalists, deals with a broad range of psychological, physical and social problems etc rather than specialists in any particular disease area. Primary care services rapidly increasing in both the developed and developing countries depending upon the increasing number of adults at greater risk of chronic noncommunicable disease like diabetes, asthma, back pain, hypertension, anxiety, depression etc.
To achieve the ultimate goals of primary health care., WHO has described five elements to achieve this goal. Following are:
- Stakeholder participation increased
- Integrate health into all sectors
- According to people need & expectation organizing healthy services
- Pursuing collaborative models of policy dialogue
2. Secondary Healthcare
This healthcare is provided by the medical specialists and other health problems who do not have direct contact with a patient like urologists, dermatologists, cardiologists etc. According to National health system policy, the patient required primary care professionals referral to proceed further for secondary care. Depends on countries to countries, the patient cannot directly take secondary care because sometimes health system imposed a restriction of referral on a patient in terms of payment. The systems come under this category is known as District Health system and County Health system.
- District Health system : This system mainly focus on child health and maternity care. People population of this system is about 25000 to 50000 and includes various healthcare centers and district hospitals. Healthcare centers receive referrals from various primary health care and is remain open for 24 hours every day. District hospitals include emergency services, neonatal care, comprehensive emergency obstetric etc and is remain open for 24 hours every day.
- County Health system: Into this system, hospitals receive referrals from the District & community health systems. County hospital provides gynecologic services, general medicine, obstetrics, general surgery etc and is remain open for 24 hours every day.
3. Tertiary Healthcare
This type of healthcare is known as specialized consultative healthcare usually for inpatients and on referral from primary and secondary healthcare for advanced medical investigation and treatment. following examples of tertiary care services are plastic surgery, burn treatment, cardiac surgery, cancer management, neurosurgery, complex medical and surgical interventions etc.
Feel free to contact E-SPIN for E-Health System Availability, Performance, Security Monitoring and Application Security Testing and protection.
To know more about E-Health, please click on the link below: