Deliver applications faster and meet your development timelines by writing secure code, the first time. Veracode Greenlight, an IDE or CI integrated continuous flaw feedback and secure coding education solution, returns scans in seconds, helping you answer the question “is my code secure?” Maintain your development velocity, reduce the number of flaws introduced into your application, and increase your use of secure coding practices – all with the help of Greenlight.
“Veracode Greenlight – IDE-Based Security Unit Testing Product Overview by E-SPIN” finds security defects in your code in seconds so you can fix the findings directly in your IDE. Instant detection discovers issues early and reduces costs. Veracode Greenlight scans files or small packages and delivers results back quickly, enabling developers to test software quickly and frequently, and find security-related defects when they are the easiest and cheapest to fix, during development.
- Severity of the flaw
- Flaw type, like SQL Injection or Cross-Site Scripting
- The associated CWE
- Line of code where the flaw is located
- The majority of the scans done with Veracode Greenlight complete in seconds (mileage may vary by programming language). This means you are getting feedback before you get too far, that’s the speed of DevSecOps. Veracode Greenlight scans files, classes, or small packages and delivers those results back to your IDE in seconds. It’s a personal security coach while you code, pointing out security flaws right away so you can fix them immediately.
Know When You’re Doing It Wrong AND When You’re Doing It Right.The easiest flaw to fix is the one you don’t make. Greenlight scans in seconds, so you learn while you’re coding, until secure coding becomes second nature. Veracode Greenlight will even show you where you successfully avoided making an error so you can learn as you go.
Developer IDE Plug-Ins Supported
Without doubt, one of the most efficient way for Developer spend the time on secure coding is doing direct in the Developer IDE integrated development environment thru the provided Plug-Ins. You work best when security tools don’t get in your way, which is why Veracode Greenlight integrates with Eclipse, IntelliJ, and Visual Studio. Before checking in your code, you will have already scanned the file you’re working on, reviewed any security flaws, triaged the results, and fixed it on the spot.
Secure Coding Education: Become A Better Developer
- Veracode Greenlight is to help developers around the world, such as yourself, build better and more secure code. No “Scan & Scold” – fix your flaw before you even commit your code.
- Better remediation advice with code examples
- Positive feedback when best practices are followed
- In line education, learning as you code
- Become a better developer – build your career around it
Continuous Flaw Feedback: Fast, Focused Scans
We know you don’t want to commit insecure code. You are required to build and deploy applications faster today than ever before, and it’s important that your security testing can keep up with you.
Feel free to contact E-SPIN for solution, product and project requirements.