VMware Horizon® 6 enables IT departments to run remote desktops and applications in the datacenter, and deliver these desktops and applications to employees as a managed service. End users gain a familiar, personalized environment that they can access from any number of devices anywhere throughout the enterprise or from home. Administrators gain centralized control, efficiency, and security by having desktop data in the data center.
View supports the following 64-bit guest operating systems on servers configured as Remote Desktop Session (RDS) hosts:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (Standard, Enterprise, and Datacenter Edition)
- Windows Server 2012 (Standard and Datacenter Edition)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (Standard and Datacenter Edition)
- View supports Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for use as a desktop on single-user machines, but Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 are not supported on single-user machines. For a complete list of supported operating systems for View Agent, see the View Installation document.
- View supports View Connection Server, security server, and View Composer on the following operating systems:
Windows Server 2008 R2 (Standard and Enterprise Edition)
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (Standard and Enterprise Edition)
Windows Server 2012 R2
- View functionality is enhanced by an updated set of Horizon Clients provided with this release.
Important: Horizon Client 3.0 or later is required to support RDS-based remote applications and desktops. For information about supported Horizon Clients, see the VMware Horizon Clients Documentation page.
- See the VMware Product Interoperability Matrix for information about the compatibility of View with current and previous versions of VMware vSphere. For vSphere 5.5 and 5.1, certain minimum express patches are recommended:
vSphere 5.5 Update 1a with Express Patch 4 or later
vSphere 5.1 Update 2 with Express Patch 5 or later
- View supports the following Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) domain functional levels:
Windows Server 2003
Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2012 R2
This video is about VMware Horizon 6 Technical Overview by E-SPIN that will give you more information regarding this product.
For those who can not join us for the session, please see the summary and highlight clip for the event.
If you have any inquiry or questions, feel free to contact E-SPIN for solution, product and project requirements.