VMware SD-WAN is a cloud-delivered solution that enables organisations in ensuring high application performance and availability as well as reducing networking costs.
The VMware SD-WAN solution offers organisations with various software subscription options.
VMware SD-WAN software subscriptions comes in three editions designed for branch offices and data centers with different terms (subscription period – either 1 year, 3 years or 5 years and payment method).
The three editions are:
- Standard edition which is ideal for small or medium-sized organisations
- Enterprise edition that is built with features that are right for medium or large organisations where the majority of the apps are hosted in private data centers.
- Premium edition which is perfect for large organisations with software as as service (SaaS) or apps hosted in a multi-cloud, as well as infrastructure as a service (Iaas).
The following table summarises the features included in the VMware SD-WAN software subscriptions editions:
VMware SD-WAN Orchestrator
|Maximum number of data segments||
|Maximum number of edges supported||
Direct Tunnel from Branch to Cloud Security Service
|Advanced features: dynamic routing (multicast/Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)/Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), dynamic mesh VPN, hub clustering, customisable business policy||/||/||/|
|Virtual services orchestration for next generation firewall deployments on the VMware SD-WAN Edges||/||/|
|Separate lower-bandwidth tier of 10, 30, or 50 Mbps||/||/|
|VMware SD-WAN Gateway services
• Cloud Gateway Service for SaaS
• Cloud VPN (Branch Edge, Gateway, Branch Edge)
|Cloud Gateway Service for Non-VeloCloud Site (Branch, Gateway, NVS)||
|PCI certified service||Add-on||
|Upgradeable to a higher edition||/||/||N/A|
VMware SD-WAN Software Subscriptions also include solution for workspace or future of work.
The solution, or VMware Anywhere Workspace subscription provides VMware SD-WAN WFH subscriptions for business users which include VMware Edge Network Intelligence™. There are two options for VMware SD-WAN WFH subscriptions:
- WFH : Typical home users
- WFH Pro : Home ‘power users’ with higher bandwidth requirements
E-SPIN Group in the enterprise ICT solution supply, consultancy, project management, training and maintenance for corporation and government agencies did business across the region and via the channel. Feel free to contact E-SPIN for your project requirement or digital workspace / work from anywhere initiative, and inquiry.