Evolve without Risk to Secure Hyper-Converged Infrastructure
vSAN, native to the market-leading hypervisor, delivers flash-optimized, secure storage for all of your critical
vSphere workloads. vSAN is built on industry-standard x86 servers and components that help lower TCO by
up to 50% versus traditional storage. It delivers the agility to easily scale IT and offers the industry’s first native HCI encryption.
As the only vSphere-native software-defined storage platform, vSAN helps customers evolve to hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) without risk while lowering IT costs and providing an agile solution ready for future hardware,
cloud and application changes. vSAN delivers flash-optimized, secure storage with the industry’s first native HCI encryption solution—at a fraction of the cost of traditional, purpose-built storage and less-efficient HCI solutions.
vSAN pools together server-attached storage to provide a highly resilient shared datastore suitable for any virtualized workload, including business critical applications, virtual desktops, remote IT, DR, and DevOps infrastructure.
Why choose VMware vSAN?
- Architecture and Performance: Tightly integrated with the hypervisor, vSAN sits directly in the I/O data path, in the best position to make rapid data placement decisions. As a result, vSAN is able to deliver the highest levels of performance without taxing CPU or memory resources, as compared to other storage virtual appliances and HCI software stacks that run separately on top of the hypervisor. vSAN can be configured as all-flash or hybrid storage, delivering up to 6M IOPS with an all-flash architecture.
- Storage Efficiency: vSAN delivers advanced storage features, including deduplication, compression and erasure coding (RAID 5/6), capable of delivering up to 10x greater storage utilization with dramatically lower storage capacity and costs. The efficiency features work seamlessly together on any workload with minimal additional resource overhead, a significant advantage compared to other hyperconverged solutions.
- Scalability: vSAN has a distributed architecture that allows for grow-asyou-go, non-disruptive scaling from 2 to 64 hosts per cluster. Both capacity and performance can be scaled at the same time by adding a new host to the cluster (scale-out); or capacity and performance can be scaled independently by merely adding new drives to existing hosts (scale-up).
- Management and Integration: vSAN does not require any additional software to be installed—it can be enabled in a few, simple clicks. It is managed from the vSphere Web Client and integrates with the VMware stack including key features like vMotion®, High Availability (HA), and Fault Tolerance (FT) as well
as other VMware products such as VMware Site Recovery Manager™, VMware vRealize® Automation™ and vRealize Operations™.
- Security: vSAN offers the industry’s first native HCI security solution with data-at-rest encryption. Built right into vSAN, vSAN Encryption supports customer’s choice of standard flash devices, avoiding the limited options
and pricing premium of self-encrypting drives (SEDs). Designed for compliance requirements, vSAN supports 2-factor authentication (SecurID and CAC), offers the first DISA-approved STIG for HCI, and has FIPS 140-2
- Automation: VM storage provisioning and storage service levels (e.g. capacity, performance, availability) are automated and controlled through VM-centric policies that can be set or modified on-the-fly. vSAN dynamically self-tunes, adjusting to ongoing changes in workload conditions to load balance storage resources, ensuring each VM adheres to the storage policies defined for it.
This video below is about VMware vSAN Product Overview by E-SPIN that will give you more information regarding this product.
For those who can not join us for the session, please see the summary and highlight clip for the event.
E-SPIN recently run a VMware vSAN what’s new session cover what new for new user and existing users.
Feel free to contact E-SPIN for solution, product and project requirements.