The need to be agile and resilient is critical as it is the key for a company to become among the top performing company in their respective field. In the recent years, we see organisations proactively adopt various approaches, practices and technologies such that DevOps approach, shifting to the cloud, establishing cloud-native become a normalisation.While these transformations are beneficial, they also lead to the increase in complexity of network infrastructure, and inevitably widen the gaps between the NetOps and SecOps teams. Subsequently, organisation is in need of an approach that can bridge these gaps in order to ensure successful implementation of their transformation journey. Hence, the rise of NetSecOps that offer many benefits to organisation. What are the benefits of NetSecOps to organisation?
1. Enhance User Experience (Both teams and end users)
Excellent user experience has now become the mission in every organisation. Adoption of technologies not only accelerates innovation but also increases the users and customers expectations. NetSecOps, which improves collaboration among the NetOps and SecOps teams helps enhance user experience through:
- Complete network visibility – A unified NetOps and SecOps teams has complete collaborative tools that give visibility empower them to properly manage network performance and security.
- Eliminate team siloes – With proper tools for collaboration such as network and application performance monitoring (NAPM) tools and real-time access to packet-level insights, NetOps and SecOps teams can better communicate and exchange information as well as notify each other of issues that may affect the workflow of the collaboration.
- Faster respond to Business change – As NetOps and SecOps teams become integrated, modification can be done easily as the teams are more united and fully understood each other roles in responding to the business change or demand.
2. Cost Saving (Operational and Capital Cost)
A unified NetOps and SecOps teams share the same tools for collaboration. To organisation, this means cost saving for both operational and capital costs. Organisation are not require to buy different tools to serve the two teams, thus maintenance, labour and security management costs can be reduced.
3. Skills improvement
Previously, NetOps and SecOps separately uses their tools according to their knowledge and expertise. With NetSecOps, as the tools for collaboration become integrated, NetOps and SecOps teams need to work on the same resources tools making them indirectly understood the basic process for the other teams expertise.
E-SPIN Group in the enterprise ICT solution supply, consultancy, project management, training and maintenance for corporation and government agencies did business across the region and via the channel. Feel free to contact E-SPIN for your project requirement and inquiry.
Related post that may interest you: