Container is a solution to the problem of how to obtain reliable software when moving from one computing environment to another. This may be from a developer’s laptop for testing environment, from staging environment to production, and possibly from a physical machine in a data center to a virtual machine in a private or public cloud.
Not surprisingly, cyber security experts say the rapid growth and expansion of application containers have led to some security issues:
- 35 percent said that their current server security work solutions do not support the same functionality for containers, which require the use of separate container security technology. This adds to the cost and complexity of protecting valuable IT assets.
- 34 percent say they have to confirm that the images stored on the container list meet the safety and compliance requirements of their organizations. Again, they tend to need special tools to complete this task.
- 33% said there was a lack of mature solutions for container security. This is understandable, as container security is dominated by startup tools and points nowadays (ie Aporeto, Aqua Security, Cavirin, CloudPassage, Layered Insights, Neuvector, StackRox, Twistlock, etc.). We see more coverage from well-established players, including Tenable Network, Trend Micro, VMware, and others. Pro cyber security should focus on this market as sellers and tools evolve quickly.
- 30% say that container cuts create a loose access control between containers that can leave their more exposed production environment. This shows process and management problems that lead to security vulnerabilities.
- 27% say the usability of making containers is more susceptible to “moving” compromises. And many security proverbs have no tools for monitoring temporary containers and micro services as they appear and disappear.
Feel free to contact E-SPIN for the solution for your system and operation to reduce risk of your businesses and organization. We can secure and protect your businesses with our various software security technology.