WhatsUp Gold Flow Monitor is a network traffic monitor that lets you gather, analyze and report on network traffic patterns and bandwidth utilization in real-time.
Flow Monitor is a fully integrated plug-in for all editions of the WhatsUp Gold IT management product. It gives you in-depth insight into how your network is performing and analyzes, alerts and reports on network and application traffic and bandwidth utilization in real-time.
Flow Monitor not only highlights the overall utilization of the LAN, WAN, specific device, or interface, but also indicates which users, applications and protocols are consuming bandwidth. In addition, real-time alerting will inform you of bottlenecks, network device saturation and even viruses, worms or other external attacks as they happen, so you can fix issues before your end users are impacted.
With Flow Monitor, verify the success of your network policies, ensure Quality of Service (QoS), and quickly track and resolve traffic bottlenecks. With support for NetFlow, J-Flow, sFlow v1-2, IPFIX, Cisco ASA Firewalls (NSEL), NBAR and CBQoS, Flow Monitor is your one-stop-shop for network traffic and bandwidth monitoring and analysis. And if your network has non-flow enabled devices, use WhatsUp Goldâ€™s Flow Publisher plug-in with Flow Monitor to get complete network traffic visibility anywhere in your infrastructure, without upgrading your hardware.
WhatsUp Flow Monitor:
- Uses network protocols such as NetFlow, sFlow, Jflow and IPFIX to collect and analyze information about the traffic on a router, switch, or other network device.
- User SNMP to collect interface traffic, NBAR, and CBQoS statistics.
- Highlights overall utilization for the LAN or WAN, individual devices, or specific interfaces, and provides information about the users, applications and protocols that consume network resources.
Provides reports that allow you to:
- View network usage trends to determine when to upgrade hardware to increase network capacity.
- Recognize and correct network configuration issues that may needlessly consume network resources or expose your network to security vulnerabilities.
- Identify traffic which may indicate undesired network usage, such as unauthorized use of peer-to-peer file sharing applications or a denial-of-service attack against your organization.
- Troubleshoot and correct causes of spikes in network traffic before they become problems.
WhatsUp Gold Flow Monitor has the same base system requirement as WhatsUp Gold. In addition, WhatsUp Gold Flow Monitor requires:
- WhatsUp Gold Standard Edition, Premium Edition, MSP Edition, or Distributed Edition One or both of the following:
- At least one routing device that supports NetFlow version versions 1, 5, 7, and 9, sFlow versions 2 and 5, J-flow (sampled NetFlow) or IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX).
- A Flow Publisher monitoring a flow source.
This video is about WhatsUp Gold (WUG) Flow Monitor Technical Overview by E-SPIN that will give you more information regarding this product.
For those who can not join us for the session, please see the summary and highlight clip for the event.
E-SPIN recently run a WhatsUp Gold (WUG) Flow Monitor what’s new session cover what new for new user and existing users.
If you have any inquiry or questions, feel free to contact E-SPIN for solution, product and project requirements.